1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

9K versus 33P

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tipzntrix, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

These launchers have similar followup damage potential (in fact for the universal followups I personally use, they both connect for exactly the same amount, I think 84 on NH), and similar but not quite equal frame data.

9K is 17 startup and -15 on block,
    33P is 21 startup, but a safer -8 on block.

There are situations for both, of course, but in practicality just about every Eileen player have seen uses one OR the other. Most use 9K instead of 33P, but the ones who I see use 33P almost never go to 9K.

I personally am a 9K user, but I have incorporated 33P in one case: Thanks to being beat up by Jacky's somersault kick one too many times, I checked out the frame data. At first I tried to 9K every somersault kick, but Jacky is simply too far away to catch if he uses good spacing. However, because the move is a whopping -26, 33P is guaranteed and always travels the distance. I'm starting to think about how to put 33P in tech roll pressure, and how to pop it in the neutral or +1 to +3 range, hell maybe even in the -1 to -3 range if my opponent is throw-antsy. It's 7 frames safer for 4 frames of startup, and so I'm finding more and more that this is an underused move that deserves a little more looking into.

2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Does it have any evasive properties at all? Wondering if it sneaks under highs and could be used in a similar manner to Kage's high-crush thing.

3. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    The best I got is blue CH at +2, in closed only.. Dunno. I like 33P for that it allows for pretty easy combos. Unlike 9K.

4. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

The best time I like to use 33p is when I crouch-dash under some of Lau's full circular-high kicks

Tricky likes this.
  5. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

If you cancel a crouch-dash into it, the crouch-dash ducks highs for a very short amount of frames (I would guess no more than 5) before the move executes. However once it executes I don't think there are any evasive properties.

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm very late to this conversation, but I'd like to see it continue. the 33 dash helps duck under highs and the P can be delayed by 12 frames after your last 3 input which is a nice large window to work with. Also, I love this move as my *stop crouching* technique. Also fun fact, it's the highest damage combo starter we have vs. Jacky (only in one stance). It's basically her fastest normal hit mid launcher. I think it's a great move.