1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Stl_Tim, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Just saw an interesting combo vs aoi in closed stance with mc.

(CH)9k,6_p,4k+g,336k+g.

Haven't got a chance to test it out properly yet, but will soon. Let me know if you guys have any luck. Discuss..

Laters^-^

Oh yeah, lets get this sarah dojo dusted off and going guys. We have a lot of work to do to stand a chance vs all the other characters. Get crackin!

2. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Hey Kaminari,

I just tested that combo and it worked. 71 Damage for me, nice. I found it kinda hard to pull it off in Dojo and it took me several tries (okay, my last time playing it is a bit long ago).
    But I think it's in Open Stance, because it just worked when Sarah's back was looking at me.

3. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'll test it too. It probably works against Pai and Eileen as well.

I agree. The wiki here for Sarah is still Ver B combos.

It's not about where Sarah's back is to the camera. Aoi might've had her feet switched after you knocked her down from a previous attempt.

4. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Yepp, it worked for me in Open Stance (had to look at the wiki), not in Closed Stance

5. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

I'm trying this in Dojo right now and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif misses a lot in Open.

Either way (Open or Close), I can't get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to bounce. Hmm...

It seems this combo is way too inconsistent to rely on.

6. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I just saw the video where NORI did the combo.

9K is unclashable right?

I suppose 9K is worth using when you smell a throw after a guarded P or something(besides crashing risers). I gotta say though that 9K is just something I don't use that much at all and I think I should use it more, it's on some Kage type ish(except it aint as safe).

7. Stl_Tim

Thanks everyone for the feedback and testing out the combo. It seems some have it down while others are having a harder time completing it. I will test it out this weekend and post up my thoughts later on this. Please keep the new stuff rolling everyone. I don't care if it's far fetched or doesn't even work. The fact of the matter is anything or any idea can lead to something and that's what we really need. Post up and make your thread and what you think is your own creation or something useful.

Thanks everyone
    Peace^-^

8. Stl_Tim

The vid is here and it's in the 4th round @ 2:15. Personally I also am having alot of trouble getting this consistently. Need more practice or some insight to what I am not doing. Has to be a buffering issue.

http://fantasistadrive.ame-zaiku.com/
    Click on movie and it should be the first one.

Lates

9. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

It should be noted they are playing on Arcade Ver D. I know there weren't supposed to be any gameplay changes, but you never know. Or perhaps hitboxes are slightly different (even if not intentionally) from 360 and Arcade versions.

The beauty of 9K is its 9 active frames and long distance. The best use of 9K is on wakeup. It will crush both low and mid rising kicks. Or if your opponent safe recovers, 9K will beat anything they try doing after they get up. If it's blocked, being left at -12 isn't too bad.

Also, try using 9K when you and your opponent get stuck in the "keep away" game. I've found it to surprise them often.

Hey, Kaminari, I wanna play ya. I'll add you and invite when I see you if you're cool with that.

10. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Yeh that's what i meant about it "crashing risers." Cla, you should also try 6K+G that also beats mid risers and jumps over low risers, and on the counter hit or stagger you follow it up with the next K and you get a sideturn and +4.

11. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

I don't know what I thought "crashing risers" meant. Anyways, I love 6K+G but I tend to get burned using it on risers. I love using it to punish 2P though.

12. Shin_KoRyo

Shin_KoRyo Active Member

Even though you are at -12 on block on 9K, you can add P+K+G to jump over opponent (depending on ring position obviously). I do this and after a couple of times your opponent will not counter immediately expecting the jump. Use this mix-up to your advantage. 9K is a surprisingly good attack although Sarah is at risk on block most of Sarah's launchers and good combo starters are risky on block. It's part of her charm.

On a side note, Cla the Ninja, we've played a few times and I would like to get some more Sarah on Sarah sparring so I can completly rip off some of your excellent play. Look me up sometime.

13. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

Does the P+K+G flip have auto-dodge properties like the flamingo backflip? A problem I often run into is people who evade when they stand up.

And yeah, sure man. I don't remember your exact tag (I'll look under Players on my 360), but you can see mine here so add me and invite anytime.

Kaminari is another great Sarah player to seek out. He's currently a step above me, but I'll be looking to change that next time we play. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

And if you can ever find XxFlamingoQueenxX, this person has the most amazing Sarah I've ever seen. (Still waiting to see Unsafe_Dan)

14. Stl_Tim

That's what I love to hear Cla. I want to have the constant push to get better or defend it and who better to play against then a fellow sarah. Defintely gonna be a battle vs your sarah. I look forward to our matches and salute your dedication and spirit. Let's level up!

Thanks

15. Shin_KoRyo

Shin_KoRyo Active Member

No the flip doesn't have auto dodge properties like the backflip out of flamingo, but since it is a followup to the 9K it gets rid of the -12 on block. You can get hit on the way up, but I have played a couple thousand matches on Live and can count on one hand how many times that has happened. Also, it woould appear that you cannot be grabbed in between the 9K and the flip, it has never happened to me, but I have never asked anybody to help me test that out. Look at it as a precaution type move. If you are not certain the 9K will hit add the flip to force your opponent to move to get a counter attack. There are some frames of recovery, but it's not listed in her wiki so I don't know exactly how many frames of recovery there are. Try it a few times, if you don't like it, disregard it.

16. Pike

Pike Member

Does this combo work on ps3/ver b?

17. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Yepp, I tried it. I just got it to work on Aoi. You can read everything in my first post here.

18. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I'll dojo this combo soon, but as of right now I'll say that 9K has been working really well for me as reverse nitaku. It's use as reverse nitaku has been better for me than on oki by far.

EDIT: btw I've never played any other Sarah players here except for Kaminari, and I've only played Geewaiho once months ago. You guys must only play ranked?

19. Pike

Pike Member

tested it all morning, and this combo only works in open stance, on ps3 version.

20. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

Slide, I usually play Ranked. But I'm always willing to accept invites to a Player Match anytime.