1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A bunch of miscellaneous help with Kage?

Discussion in 'Kage' started by axeman61, Jul 19, 2004.

1. axeman61

axeman61 Member

-First off, I wanted to know if there's a technique or a timing guide to linking the rising knee ([2_][6][K]) into a combo with the TFT, or for any combo it can be linked into. No matter how hard I try, I can't pull it off right if it's in a combo (in the TFT, I do that damned handstand donkey kick instead of the knee most times, and when I can pull the knee off, it doesn't connect).
    -After blocking an opponent's 'rising from laying down' attack, what's something I can do besides basic punching (or are there specific Kage combos you can recommend)?
    -Pertaining to multiple throw escape commands, does anyone have a series of them which has a high success rate in stopping throws for Kage?

2. MadAoi

MadAoi Member

To get the knee to connect in a TFT, watch the throw animation carefully. Kage uses one of his leg to launch the opponent, start to buffer the knee when this leg touches the ground after the launch. This works perfectly for me at least. Buffer the knee fast but make sure the input is correct. It may also be easier to do [3][2][3][6]+[K] instead of [3]Neutral[3][6]+[K].

3. axeman61

axeman61 Member

The latter possibility (the alternate command) was the answer that I needed. Thanks.