1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ABARE 336 P/uppercut/236 P

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Mackfactor, May 17, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I havent tried on all characters but it seems more effective as in it works on more characters than say a shoulder ram abare in close stance. Jeff has a move i forgot what it was but it has to be in open stance, it looks like an uppercut, sorry i never studied Jeff yet. Eileen got shoulder ram open stance abare.. Neone know any more?

I tested up to minus 6..LION:
    in close stance, although character specific, 336 P will beat out 2p, 6p and some other moves.

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

It's nuts that it beats out 2p. Seeing as there's an extra frame added when you buffer from standing you could abare after blocked 6p (-5). That would be a pretty strong sequence.

3. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    boris, im back to lion again.. I hope one day i can find a sub i can stick with haha. MANT I CANT WAIT TO 2p ABARE UPPERCUT... u ever watch fuudo, he pokes with 2p real good and goes to uppercut.

boris, u test out on all characters yet?
    i wanna try open stance as well... see if it works.

i also wanna test 6PP... but i doubt thats stance specific

4. AnimalStaccato

lol it's your find, its your job to test it out. Slacker.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This is indeed very fascinating. For instance against Jacky [3][3][6][P] beats low punch AND f+P in both stances at pointblank range after blocked [4][K] (-4).

After blocked elbow (-5) it beats Jackys [6][P] but not low punch. Looks like it has a frame or two with very low techcrouch or something. Maybe Lion takes an inbuilt sidestep?

Against Akira it avoids low punch in open stance after blocked [4][K], but not in closed stance. It cant avoid DE ever, not even in +2. (would have been pretty frigging major if something crushes dashing elbow..)

ps. 169Mack, are you sure that Jeff move isnt [3][P][P]?

6. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    So jacky only is able to abare vs those two <AK,JACKY>?

im not to sure MANJ, i was playing wei_AND.. and we tested a move, it looks like a choke slam; only open stance. i think its 33 6 P, not sure, JEFF is a character i have not really studied yet.

BORIS: ok... ill test tonight after Wolf training.

ps- I DID 2p into uppercut all day yesterday in close stance with lion.. Its sooo awesome. BTW, i duno if ppl know but.. it seems like pp 4 P is only for close stance as well too.. but only tested on DURAL haha in command.

( :

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I guess the move is Jeff's vertical upper [​IMG][3][P] then.

Lion low punch blocked -> [​IMG][6][P]

against Aoi: beats lowpunches in both and elbow in open
    against Pai: doesnt work (may beat LP from max range)
    against Lei: beats ff+P in both
    agaisnt Goh: beats lowpunch in both and df+P in closed
    against Kage: beats lowpunch in both
    against Sarah: beats lowpunch and elbow in both
    against Eileen: doesnt work (may beat low punch from max range)
    against Brad: beats lowpunch and elbow in both
    against Shun: doesnt work (Shun uses P+K as mid)
    against Lau: beats low punch and elbow in closed
    against Jeff: beats LP and elbow in both
    against Vane: beats low punches in both
    against Wolf: beats low punch and df+P in both
    against Blaze: beats low punch in open
    against Lion: doesnt work
    against Jacky: beats low punch in both and f+P in closed
    against Akira: beats low punch in both
    against Dural: beats low punch in both [​IMG]

8. AnimalStaccato

You know I've actually seen this happen, his uppercut beating a 2p after my 2p was blocked. I figured I was getting lucky or it was lag.

Mack, what does pp4p do? Is this Lions pp4p?

Manji how did you test out the things that weren't 2p or mid?
    Thanks for doing that btw, that's very useful info.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Those characters dont have a regular elbow. CPU uses best mid in that case. Go to dojo and make CPU block and counter with mid

(wolfs screw hook and shuns chouwan are special mids)

10. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    agaisnt Goh: beats lowpunch in both and df+P in closed

boris theres ur goh killer right there. Ya im talking about lion pp 4 p, i only realized it only hit in close vs DURAL when i was going through LIONS move list to refresh my memory. But yesterday online, it didnt seem to be stance specific near a wall
    ) :

BTW MANJ thanks very much for the testing.

hmmm i wonder if pai can 236 P abare... I guess ill find out next week after wolf studies.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Pai doesnt have a move like that?

12. DrWoo

DrWoo Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Yquem2k1
    [​IMG][6] [P] is the kind of move that becomes safer online and can be used abusively, especially after [2] [P] on block, I know the topic is about abare uppercut but trying to attack Lion after he lands [2] [P] (hit or block) is certainly not the thing you want to do...

Lion's got a nice mix up situation from [2][P], maybe it's off topic but IMO for Lion's opponent, ducking is the best thing to do in the center of the ring: it makes the [​IMG][6][P][+][G] throw whiff and you can also block and punish [2][K][+][G] which is often used too.

Near the edges of the ring, ETEG seems better in order to avoid Lion's [​IMG][6][P][+][K] which can lead to ring outs/wall combos

13. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    its just an option that a opponent has to respect.
    i noticed lions has alot of moves that leave him at
    -1-6. if they do a move above 2p or 6p, which would mean higher recovery time, u will usually be able to punish hard if u do a successful evade ( perhaps depends on when u evaded at disadvantage, but minus the recovery time by 21.. prob like a P+K or more commonly a 44K.)

i watched some lion vids. I thought this was an interesting setup up.
    LION WAS IN OPEN STANCe to begin with:
    I think it was fuudo, he did 6k on CH (perhaps knowing that FOe cannot duck at +7 he did 2 K on NH -6 which switched him into closed, then went for abare uppercut

Hmm maybe pai cant do it at disadvantage, just thought i throw it out der cus its an uppercut.. HOwever, i think aoi got one. i think its 236 P CH 4p+G. maybe it was lag?? but i was playing an aoi player and he kept doing that on disadv and it kept hitting me..

14. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

You know what? Fuck this abare.

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm pretty sure Pai's doesn't work from disadvantage (i.e. not evasive properties). But her [​IMG][4][P], on the other hand, does have some evasiveness during disadvantage (don't know the frames and/or stance since I don't play Pai).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOwever, i think aoi got one. i think its 236 P CH 4p+G. maybe it was lag?? but i was playing an aoi player and he kept doing that on disadv and it kept hitting me.. </div></div>
    Aoi's definitely has some evasive properties that make it useful from disadvantage.

16. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Eh? you can't duck throws at -7, but you can block low attacks. Someone please confirm this for me but i'm sure this is the case.
    I'll see if i can test if and when when Aoi's [​IMG][3] evades later today in dojo.

17. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    what i meant was at +7 the opponent couldnt duck.. by pressing down. however u can still be in that ducking motion with a 2p or a move that has a ducking motion, probably 1k. he could duck the 2k because of the slow execution, but its reverse psychology.. i duno how to explain.
    so i figure it was a pretty neat setup. yes he could eteg in that situation.. but some ppl just block sometimes.

18. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

you can fuzzy guard at -5, and you can fuzzy at -6 if you use the crouch dash instead. Anything above that and you're going to have to use Throw escapes if you're not trying to abare out.

I think I get what you mean here, but I need to ask. So you're saying some people do something, some of the time (meaningless statement)?

19. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

There is no 7 frame wait to block low attacks, if you're standing and block low, you will block a low attack immediately.

If that wasn't the case, then Lion would be able to do [1][K] guaranteed when he blocks moves that are -9 [​IMG]

20. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    That's what was on about. Thanks for clearing it up so succinctly Jeneric. [​IMG]