1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ABSOLUTION 2004!!!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Tsuujin, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Well here it is guys our very own European version of Evolution 2003 that took place in America last year.

Feel free to post any thoughts, feelings, opinions regarding the event.

The bottom line is who's coming, and for what games?

2. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Good luck Ryan. Professional Gaming Leagues are hot. We have Pro gaming leagues for game like quake and Unreal Tournament here in the states, and those guys win big money. Not sure how it is in the UK but if its anywhere as cool, your in for a treat if you win.

3. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

ok i've signed up! can't wait.. it's going to be awesome! will ullysis be advertising this in the gaming press at all? i think he'd get a lot more entrants if he did.

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I'm definitely in, looking for a place to stay though , anybody ? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

ok, let's do this... too bad first place is already reserved tho eh? :p

gotta practice NOW.

6. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Just seen it's gonna be held on ps2's,
    If troc replace the arcade sticks with new sanwa one's (like I heared) I'd really prefer it on the Arcade cabs...,

Other people thoughts?

7. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    optimusomega said:

I'd really prefer it on the Arcade cabs...,

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that

VS city cabs all the way

.....................but it probably wont happen knowing Troc

8. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

its better thats its on ps2 as 1) peeps cant diss the stick if using there own, an 2)evo on ps2 is a higher version!
    but please sort out the tvs!!! i mean vf should really be on the big sets, with rgb prefebaly!

9. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RandomHajile said:

but please sort out the tvs!!! i mean vf should really be on the big sets, with rgb prefebaly!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats wat I was worried about VF on a shitty 14" screen and on RF /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

But seriously All Troc need to do is replace the sticks with new Sanwa ones which Steve at Gamefocus can get.
    and
    upgrade to the GD rom from the VF4EvoVer.b upstairs to the Vs city cabs and then no more complaints about anything.

10. Tsuujin

Stalwart: Well said.

French Akira: Maybe you can stay at my place...if your lucky! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Okiron

Okiron Active Member

it will be great and i'll be there /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    i need an accomodation too /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif hotels in london are expensive so if anyone can, tell me ^^ I will be very grateful ^^

12. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
    Tsuujin said:

French Akira: Maybe you can stay at my place...if your lucky! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whrere's the lucky part in sleeping with bugs Bunny ? /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Thanks keep me informed, I would really appreciate if I could stay at your place.

13. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    French Akira: Maybe you can stay at my place...if your lucky!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whrere's the lucky part in sleeping with bugs Bunny ?

[/ QUOTE ]

guyz, come on, this don't paint a good picture

/versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

P.S, frenchakira - make sure when u serve breakfast before the tourney to put some sleeping pils in ryan's drink, then lock him in a cupboard somewhere ^____^

ryan: are there any ......eherm....... international surprizes for the tourney? (oh yeah, and get jun to drag along gorilla kagesuke /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

14. _Berserker_

_Berserker_ Well-Known Member

shyt........... bad wolf..... you forgot ryan could read this as well........ you're a bad bad wolf...............

frenchakira...... forget plan A....... move to plan B...........

/versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

is vf evo on GD rom in UK???
    i thought it was just a rom board!
    anyways..., it aint about RF, it adds at lease 900ns b4 it hits the TVs electron guns!

16. MarkyBaby

MarkyBaby Member

[ QUOTE ]
    stalwartsamurai said:

[ QUOTE ]
    optimusomega said:

I'd really prefer it on the Arcade cabs...,

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that

VS city cabs all the way

.....................but it probably wont happen knowing Troc

[/ QUOTE ]

I also Vote for Arcade cabinets rather than on PS2, just not got the same feel playing a tournie on the ps2

17. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

hey guys, just a quick question....
    what the fuck is absolution 2004? sum kinda big tourney? sorry if its a stupid question but im kinda new to this world of tournaments.......
    do they offer cash prizes? cuz i need the money to feed my habits........

18. Tsuujin

Yes it is a big tournament so get practicing soldier!

www.ullysis.com

Read up!

19. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

Hey Ryan, I will like to attend the tournament as Mark had been encouraging me to do so. However, imo the dates are very inconvenient for people who have study/work commitments and don't live in London.

I feel that the tournament takes too many days. VF starts on the 14th. The final is on the 17th,18th or 19th. For me who only play VF, what can I do in between? If I get into the finals and the final is on the 19th, that mean I will have to pay 5 days of accomodation fee just to play one game. What if I don't get into the finals and I already pay the money for the accomodation? Unless I play on 14th, go back home and come back on the finals if I do make it.

Just an opinion.

20. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

will VF4evo be played everyday? like 'DeLune' mentioned, it's a pain to attend all those days for people who will travel far. maybe a timetable to show exactly what time will VF4evo be played and will it be nessessary to turn up everyday. basically i probably have to work during these dates and it's be easy to know exactly what days to takes off work or not. haven't said that i'll might be lucky to finish my work project and have a holiday in the tourney week! wayhey!!
    ahh....just saw the schedule time, i think VF4evo will be played everyday. i also vote for arcade cabinet, cos the last tourney in Dec was on a horrible small screen, even though i didn't enter, it was a pain to watch VF4evo played on that tiny screen.

ah.....and many thanks for setting up every VF4evo tournament and keeping this VF community alive in UK. the Ranking League & team battle was excellent, i haven't had a decent tourney since KOF 97 & SSF2X days!! will have to practice to make the next one even better! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif