1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced tactics for jacky

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Devil7om, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

Ive played virtua fighter evo 4 a hell of a lot considering i dont even have a ps2 or whatssnotch and ive found jacky 2 be the strongest caharcter in my arsenal.

Anyway , does any1 know any ADVANCED tactics advice against ,specifically sarah, but any overall tactics advice is good. Ive found he is one of the strongest evaders in the game, due to his [4][6][P][K]

Oh and vale_something_gove dont think that i need help to beat u. Its the other one (....ahem) who uses sarah (uhh mayb pai) that i need 2 beat. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Blitzbreaker

Blitzbreaker New Member

Work the jab, [P] and [2]+[P] baby.

Bruce Lee preferred simple direct attacks instead of complicated combos.

3. GKaizerZero

GKaizerZero Well-Known Member

i'm no Jacky expert but i suggest that if you're up against a Sarah that exploits the flamingo stance, i'd recommend using his side shuffle thingie ([P]+[K]+[G][4]/[4][P]+[K]+[G]) to play some guessing games; i find one of the best strategies to use against Sarah is to put her on the offense since her flamingo gives her more than decent defensive capabilities.. also i'd say stay kinda low to the ground with his sweeps and backfists. uhhhh, the only other thing i can tell you is to not get too punch happy if this sarah you speak of uses their punch sabaki with expertise.

4. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

There are lot of things to do with Jacky.
    [P]+[K] [K][4] use to work fine against IA
    [6]+[P] [P] is pretty fine against player, you can chain with [2]+[P] or with a new combo or [2][K] if your oponent is gonna counter.
    [P] [P] [6]+[P] often hit a player, as [4]+[P] [2]+[K] and [P] [P] [2]+[K]
    when oponent is on the ground, stay pretty close and wait the error, if he don't get up with a kick, you may start first attack (chain thrown like [P]+[K] and hits). If you think he get up with a kick then [4]+[P]+[K]+[G] [2]+[K] [K] (no mercy, require a good tempo)

Against some characters like Lau, Van and Aoi, not using block to counter hight punch may be effective and get out from some bad situations.

In general Jacky is an attacker. Against any character controled by a player, chain hight, middle and low hit with lot of different combos, keep your distance with [4][4] or all back move he has. Don't hesitate to try hitting first, he is pretty fast.

Last note, against computer tactic is pretty different... Waiting computer error is with all characters something easy to do. Against sarah and Lei Fei, a simple flash kick use to may all clear, it says "not that with me".

Again, learn ALL moves and be impossible to anticipate.

Gorbag

5. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help fellas but this post is almost a year old. Since then I have learnt that threads like this are not needed, as there is enough advice on this site already. Hell i barely play jacky anymore.