1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AHH how do i get out of jeffs low punch/kick spam?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Sharp7, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    Ok so im playing VF5 and then all of a sudden like 60% of the games i host some random Jeffry player comes in and beats the crap outta me every time ALL BECAUSE of him spamming lowpunches/kicks

he just crotchs and spams them and i have no idea what to do. !?!?!?
    whats the best thing to do in this situation as brad???

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

after blocking one of the lows if they're planning on doing another just 6P them and you'll get a CH

3. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    You can block /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif standing. Forget about blocking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, it's not gonna happen on reaction, especially online. You can evade either one of them. If you start habitually guarding it low, you're gonna get lowthrown.

If you blocked or evaded either one of them, the fastest thing to do is just /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif him back. Using an elbow is good advice, but you may not always have enough reaction time.

When /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif hits, you need to pay attention to how it hit you - if there was a yellow flash DO NOT BLINDLY ATTACK, you need to defend - evade, throw escape, etc depending on what he likes to do.

4. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Re: AHH how do i get out of jeffs low punch/kick s

Try using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (even /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif if you're feeling ballsy enough) to keep him far enough away that he can't stay close enough to spam in the first place. Another thing you may want to do besides study data is to go to the dojo and set the computer to guard then low-punch, and experiment with different moves to try to get out of it.

5. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Sorry, who are you playing that Jeffry with?

6. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7

hmm thanks everyone
    but uhhh one thing..

whats like 6p and stuff mean???
    is there a place where i can find out what the directions are?

sry im rele newb to these forums lol

oh and whats the best way to evade? upup? or is up K+P+G up better?

7. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Evading is tapping /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif (but not holding /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif, that's crouching). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif while evading gives you an evade attack, possible counter hit, but optinal. And you still didn't tell me who you're playing as.

8. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak

Sharp7, go look at this link
    http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:system
    (its in the site menu at the upper left hand corner of the screen)

It will explain about the 6p notation.

Nobiyuki, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif ~ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif isn't an evade attack, its offensive movement. And he already said he's playing brad.

9. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7

lol thank you KoD. i was like "DOES HE HONESTLY NOT KNOW WHO IM PLAYING AS?"

hmm could you explain to me the difference between an offensive movement and an evade???

and thank you for the link :)!

10. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak

Sorry, when I say "evade", i mean what the wiki calls "defensive movement", ie tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif, then release it.

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:system_part_1#defensive_moves

there's an explanation.

Long story short, evading avoids linear attacks from your opponent. It's a defensive technique to let you get the advantage back. For instance, if you think jeff is going to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif on you, you can tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif to evade it and get enough time to do a free /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or more.

Offensive movement is really just like a dash at an angle- it can avoid some things, but it's not as well defined as an evade.

11. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7

aight thanks.
    ya i read that link it answered like a 100 of my questions lol