1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira 46 Throw, 2K+G,P,6P,2P,Dbl palm

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Junsuina Chikara, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Hi all. I just wanted to ask about the timing of the 2P in Akira's [6][4][P][+][G], [2][K][+][G][P],[6][P],[2][P],[2_][4][6][P] throw. I know in the combos list here, it states that a 1fk is needed between the 6p and 2p but this is widely inconsistent IMO. I figured I could cheat the system by inputting [3][3] in between the 6p and 2p so that technically, the 2p should come out 1 frame later after the 6p but it hasn't worked.

So does anyone here have any method to doing this?

@Feck: I'd like to mention that this throw works on a good few of the middleweights (e.g.: Lei, Jacky) so it's not Akira only.

EDIT: I realise that the subject title is stating the wrong throw :). I know there are no setups after 46p+g

Feck likes this.
  2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Adding a dash motion before a move is a good way to ensure a 1fk but I'm not sure about using [3][3] when trying to 1fk a [2][P], I'd assume that delaying the move with that input could easily clash with yoho's input.

Most consistent way for me to get 1fk [2][P] is to input it as [1][1][P]+[K]+[G], some people use [6][6] or [4][4] before the [2][P] but I find that less consistent.

Junsuina Chikara likes this.
  3. Junsuina Chikara

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Thanks for the input Feck :). Why do you include [P][K][G] in that crouch dash?

4. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    hey jun, was wondering if you worked out a consistent method of timing for the middleweights. I've landed this combo a number of times in the dojo on them, but it was difficult. I've worked out effective timing for a few of the lightweights, but the middleweights elude me. seems there is an strange number of frames you must delay between [6_][P] and [2][P].

5. Junsuina Chikara

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Haven't figured out a method for middleweights but after I watched the Kammage V Cozby and saw that he could do it on Akira, I thought that it might work for the other middleweights too. The number of frames to delay between the [6_][P] and [2][P] I still haven't figured out. It might be 2 or 3 frames but I can't say for certain as I don't really know how to measure frames ;). It does work and it's a white combo so can't be escaped but basically, it's luck of the draw for me if I get it or not.

Personally, I'd just stick with [6][6], [2][K][+][G][P], [2][P], [K][+][G][K]. It does 72 dmg so losing 2 points compared to the other one but its MUCH easier to pull off than the other one.