1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira Vs Taka

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Chibitox, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Most of this is probably known for veteran Akira players, but since I didn't see any Taka specific post on this forum I'll do one.

Natural combos:
    DLC.
    DLC is a natural combo on Taka, due to the fact that it is a 3 part attack it is possible to hit check the last hit to not put yourself into troube on block.
    Use it at mid range see if Taka was moving/whiffing something then commit to the third part or not. On block you can play 3K+GP,2/8 mindgames.
    It gives Akira a 50-60ish hitcheckable mid range tool to control space and knock down. Watch Homestay Akira's matchs he, uses it a lot vs Taka.
    Tips: you can input it as 3K+G 4P 66P+K to make the last part easier to confirm.

Specific combos
    Singleplam-DE, 2P, double palm
    Easy command from low P and good damage
    Also good at mid range.

1P, double palm (both stances)
    1P, Singlepalm-DE (open)
    Good at long range "poke". Can be used to stop players that like to comin in with standing P.

Various Stuff:
    After the 46P, singlepalm-DE combo, you can time a singlepalm DE to hit both an opponent that stays on the ground or an opponent that tech rolls. With proper timing singlepalm-DE can even be a meaty. Since singlepalm-DE damage is buffed vs Taka, it's a pretty good tech.There is probably a lot more setups like these using singlepalm-DE OTG properties.

After neutral throw if Taka rises in place you can escape all attacks by evading to his feet.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    mfwebdude and Sozos like this.
  2. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Just to add:

46P > 2_6 P on hit P and 46P > 6_P > 66KK work well, with the dashing palm elbow finisher yielding great oki. (just immediately do another 2_6 P on hit P.)
    You can also get 2_6 P on hit P after 1P if Taka's back is against the wall.
    Hit confirming his DLC is hard! If you get lazy and use lazy DLC, Taka is at +10 :eek:. Props to you @Chibitox if you can do that.

3. Chibitox

Hit confirming DLC is not that hard in real life.
    In fact it's harder in training cause there's no clue if opponent will guard or not and when you put the CH setting on, CPU will wait till last minute to get CHed.
    in real life you see your opponent whiff moves and you can watch for attacks startup animations to confirm counter hits.

So this is not something you can easily train

4. Chibitox

Something that I saw from the last jp vids from homestay.
    When you predict Taka will use his 4P+K+G stance that counter punches, you can actually poke at him with P to trigger the reversal animation then immediatly use 4P+K+GP to sabaki his punch (which looks like a mid but is actually a special high).
    If I remember correctly he then comboed with 214P, DLC.

I was shocked by how tricky/clever this punish was lol. It might be the best way to punish that stance since kick attacks won't counter hit Taka, and P is fast giving you time to react.

mfwebdude, Modelah and BlackGeneral like this.
  5. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Does it work with all sabakis (goh's 4P+K+G) ?

6. Chibitox

Did not test but it should. Since it sems possible to do something after triggering the animation, it might be possble to crouch the special high and hit him with a launcher too

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Apparently you can just trigger Takas parry stance with P and duck the followup swipe xD

Just tried it with Jacky and punished with 6K for relatively simple 109 damage.. Man Taka took a hit :D

ps. I tried with akira as well, parrying the swipe is easy but I couldnt get 214P to cause high bound. But akira can just jab the stance, duck the swipe and punish with 214P (or whichever launcher since Taka is minus million (at least -20 from my testing))

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Modelah likes this.
  8. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    After further review, It seems that Taka's 4 P+K+G beats seemingly all arm attacks (punches, elbows, double handed attacks) that do less than 25 damage, and do not knock down, and are not part of a hit-throw or sequence. Moves like AK's 66 P+K will beat it because it is a hit throw, and SPoD will beat it if you finish the sequence.

If you can correct or add the info I dropped, please feel free to. This isn't exactly a nightmare match-up for AK, but I'd like to make it easy as possible us at the AK Army.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    jimi Claymore and mfwebdude like this.
  9. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Manji, if you do jacky's 4P,P against that stance the second P will hit like a counter. Follow-up combo will do more than the 6K combo :)

10. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If a Taka player uses 4P+K+G against Akira it means said Taka player is shitty, or you're not using enough KNEE or Yoho.

11. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    I think [4][P]+[K]+[G] can be somewhat legit against elbow happy Akiras.