1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ANNOUNCE: Forum upgrade complete

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Myke, Feb 5, 2000.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The Forum has been successfully upgraded. There are a number of new features which you'll discover including the ability to allow users not logged in to choose an unregistered name for their post, instead of the default 'Anonymous'. There's other neat stuff that you'll discover as you look around. If there are any problems, please let me know.

Total downtime was about 2 hours, but could've been quicker had I not decided to go out for some food :)

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

we like Myke (nt)

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks Myke. One question - what do the 'stranger', 'journeyman', 'member' titles mean anyway? Number of posts? Are there more?

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Usertitles

Heh, oh yeah forgot to mention that. One of the new features of this board is the usertitle given to each poster according to the number of posts they've contributed. I've left the default titles in for now but they can be easily changed. I've asked Jeff to change them to whatever he wants, but I don't see why we can't all decide what we'd like instead.

Here's the current list:

0 stranger
    25 newbie
    50 journeyman
    100 member
    200 enthusiast
    400 addict
    700 old hand
    1200 veteran
    1600 Pooh-Bah
    2500 Carpal Tunnel

LOL! Carpal Tunnel :) So, anyone got a better list?

__
    m y k e

5. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Re: Usertitles

Myke....
    you do realise what the usertitle would involve again like that spate of time in blast city yesh ?
    then again, that problem would probably not occur here..... nevermind...... just thought that I'd bring it up though. /images/icons/smile.gif

-Rulakir

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: What problem?

Sorry, I don't read the Blast City forum so I'm not aware of this problem you mention. How do we ensure that whatever the problem was won't happen here?

__
    m y k e

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: What problem?

Well... let's just make sure we don't get moronic nonsense posts or split up posts because some kid starts thinking that the number of posts is a popularity contest... Basically, if you checkout dreamcast.net forums, you'll often run into wasted messages of people jus trying to up their "status" on messages... Really lame, and highly doubtful in here... But we could make it clear in the faq or registration form that it wouldn't be tolerated to waste people's time on this message board with particularly those types of posts. /images/icons/smile.gif I don't know if that was what was being referred to as the problem, but this is what I was gonna post anyways. Anyways, I do like the new format Myke! In fact, I love the format of this messageboard! Keep up the good work (and maybe you'll help me out if I ever startup a messageboard?) hehe.

-Chanchai