1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here makes music/digital music? (What are you working on?) discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by beanboy, Aug 18, 2019.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

So does anyone here, make music/digital music, as a hobby or DJ etc?
    And if so, what DAW (digital audio workstation), do you use?
    Eg. Fruity loops, Lmms, Cubase, Garageband, Reaper etc.

Me, I use a free DAW software, called Lmms, to make music.

SoulTruth2013 likes this.
  2. SoulTruth2013

SoulTruth2013 Well-Known Member

I make beats as a hobby and I do audio engineering as a career. I currently use FL Studio Producer's Edition. I am currently learning Pro Tools X and getting my Pro Tools Certification right now at a vocational school in L.A. I have my own Home Studio where I go chill for 7 hours a day.

Everyone has their best preferences for music software when it comes to making beats and songs. The most common DAW I see when I go to the other studios is Pro Tools since it is the most standard DAW. But I prefer FL Studio because its more affordable and easy to use.

jimi Claymore and beanboy like this.
  3. beanboy

Cool!
    And good to hear, you're getting your Pro Tools certification and stuff.

4. beanboy

Anymore musicians?:)

5. beanboy

Me, I'm making some beats these days. I still have alot to learn.:)

6. beanboy

Any Fruity Loopers and Cubaser's in da house?:p

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm a jazz musician, I play sax and piano. All analog for me.

8. The_Nth_Degree

The_Nth_Degree Active Member

Hannibal's got the jazz, man.

9. beanboy

Sax and piano?
    Aye! Cool!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Tricky likes this.
  10. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Yea man, I play keys, synth, piano. I only use Cubase if I have very very large orchestral projects. Most of the time I use the 16 track midi /audio recording built into my synth. And when I have to add other instruments or vocals or I need more tracks I use my:

https://tascam.com/us/product/dp-24sd/top

It lets me do 24 track digital recording, it integrates with Cubase when I need it to. I can record all the vocal stuff, acoustic instruments , and other keyboard on it. It lets me mix and master all in one place. Its fast and easy to use. I go to Cubase only if I hit a wall on the DP 24 , which is very very rare. I compose, arrange, all kinds of S!@#

beanboy likes this.
  11. beanboy

Aye. You make orchestral music? Cool!
    And nice to see you again masterpo.

12. beanboy

Digital music is cool, but I also like music, with real instruments too.

13. beanboy

I'm working on a music album these days. Lots of tough work. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it, before Christmas Eve.

14. SoulTruth2013

That's good man. What genre is your music album and what is the title of your album?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    beanboy likes this.
  15. SoulTruth2013

As for me, I am planning to make a debut album and 3 mixtapes for next year along with some features on it. I plan to put it on Spotify, Apple Music and Soundcloud. All of them are R&B mostly and with some Trapsoul and Hip-Hop.

beanboy and jimi Claymore like this.
  16. beanboy

Genre wise, it is a Tropical House, and old school house music album.
    But the tough part for me is, I have no idea what the title of my album, will be called though.:p

17. SoulTruth2013

I see hahahaha. It is hard to title albums sometimes but you figure it out eventually. You could name it Old School Tropical Vol. 1 or Tropical House Music lol. Some suggestions to get you going hahaha. And don't get me started with lyric writing. That takes a lot of time and thought. You have to like dig deep inside your own mind and experiences you went through and write it down.

beanboy likes this.
  18. beanboy

Aye! That is cool!

Yeah. Putting them on multiple music sites, is a really good idea.
    More coverage and more listeners too.

Yeah. Coming up with a title for an album, can be kinda tough. And thanks for the suggestions too.

Yep. True dat! Writing lyrics is in a whole world by itself.
    Tough luck if you don't know what to write.:p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  19. SoulTruth2013

Yeah hahaha. TuneCore allows you to put your tracks on streaming platforms and its a Online Music Distributor. But its not free. You gotta invest some money on that. So to do that,it has to be good record otherwise, don't do it.

plus I know how to write songs (mostly about lovemaking and all that LOL), make album art covers, manage social media,etc. I do what most Music Labels do. Being Independent is so much better because you have more control of what you put out. I'm also trying to learn how to make Music Videos from an iPhone 11 which is kinda hard but I will get there. Next year, could use a video drone.

20. beanboy

I've been working on some tunes, over the Christmas holidays. It's going good so far. But they all seem to be missing something.