1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

aoi's yy stance question

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by den, Nov 23, 2002.

1. den

den Member

what can it parry exactly? i've noticed it parry a lot of direct/straight attacks but not a lot of circular attacks or flip kicks. is there a definitive list out there that tells me what it can parry or does this mean a lot of "homework" for me?

2. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

high punches, and kicks. mid elbows, knees, punches, and kicks. i dunno if it parrys circular attacks but i doubt it as it's never worked for me.

3. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Aoi's yy stance.....
    I hardly ever use it, BUT in certain circumstance's like after her sweep [2][K][G] then press[G][P][K] is usefull.
    The yy dodge attack sucks, but why not just use her reversals instead? /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. den

den Member

i'm still an aoi newbie that's y. i only started using aoi when i got my ps2 in mid september. was a lion user since the vf2 arcade release and a kage and jacky user b4 that. i'm working on the reversals though.

5. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

there's a dodge attack from her YY stance i usually just use it as an evade? and i abuse this stance more than anything, it compliments her fighting style perfectly. you just pressure your opponent with quick strikes then when they try and get one little quick strike in(which you let them) you just go to YY stance before that and they're yours. then just chain together a whole bunch of moves for crazy damage, not as demoralizing as a reversal but much easier to do. I still love my reversals but thats only for when you know where they'll strike.

6. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Yea, it's a great stance with many interesting uses. As well as entering yy from a particular attack ([3][P], [2][K][G], etc), another tactic is to enter yy when you're a good distance from your opponent which can entice them into a rush. Then enter in [8] or [2] for an easy dodge and counter.

7. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

ya but that dodge is kind of wierd and it seems the recovery is kinda slow so you can't counter attack too quickly, thank god they added that little Punch in Evo.