1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Basic Movelists in Evo (Beginner Guide)

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Sebo, May 23, 2007.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I know bits and pieces are scattered everywhere within this site, but I think it'd do better for the community if it were all compiled in one thread. So think of this as a consolidated "Top 10 moves," that has more than an arbitrary 10 (as most characters need more).

Why revive Evo? First off, the PS3 is expensive, so not everyone has access. In contrast, almost everyone owns a PS2 at this point and Evo is criminally cheap. Secondly, Evo's tutorial is quite possibly the best resource for a beginner, give the player setups and basic combos.

There is one problem with the tutorial, and that would be key moves outside of basic combo starters. So this won't be a combo thread but a thread which will help newcomers find out which moves to play with and incorporate into their game. So without wasting anymore time:

Universal Key moves:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- This move is key to any character's game. It interrupts enemy attack, it gives advantage on block (except Lei-Fei) and on hit, they can be used in some combos to expend the float, and they all fall in a similar range in regards to speed (frames):

11i (i=frames): Sarah, Aoi, Pai
    12i: Akira, Brad, Goh, Jacky, Kage, Lau, Lei Fei, Lion, Shun, Vanessa Offensive Stance
    13i: Wolf, Jeffry
    14i: Vanessa Defensive Stance

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif- Just as important, or even more important than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. This is the key interrupt tool that everyone has. Use when in an advantageous position, when in disadvantage. This move stuffs a lot of moves and can throw a wrench in a player's offense if they don't know how to deal with it. Aside from Lion, all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif are 12i, Lion's being 13i.

Elbows- This class of attack is owned by all characters in one form or another, but there are many variations. This is a key attack in any movelist as they're usually the fastest mids your character has.

Sidekicks- This is a universal move (except Lei-Fei?) with a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif input. This move hits mid and has long range, but other than that, there are many variables to contend with, so read on. They all come out around the same speed, in the same fashion character's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifs do:

15i: Lei-Fei (MK though)
    16i: Akira, Brad, Goh, Jacky, Jeffry, Kage, Pai
    17i: Aoi, Lion
    19i: Wolf

Akira:
    PP
    PK(G)
    6P(4)
    66P
    666P
    2_6P:p
    46P
    2_46P
    33P
    K(G)
    2_6P+K
    46P+K
    3P+K
    K+G:G
    3P+K+G(P)
    P+K+G>43P+G>4P_6P
    3K+G>6P2_8

All throws...

Aoi:
    PP6P(G)P(G)
    PPP2K(G)
    PK
    6PP(G)
    66P(G)
    4P
    46P:p+G
    43P
    3P(G)
    2_3P:(CH)P+G
    K
    6K(K)
    6P+K(P)
    66P+K(P)
    236P+K
    44P+K(G)
    43P+K
    2K+G(G)

4P+K+G (follow ups)

Throws

Brad:

Goh:

Jacky:

Jeffry:
    PK
    PP(P+K+G)
    6P(4P)
    66P(P)
    64P
    46P
    43PP
    3PP
    33P
    K
    4KP
    P+KP
    6P+K
    2K+G
    3K+G

Threat

Throws

Kage:

Lau:

Lei:

Lion:

Pai:

Sarah:

Shun:

Vanessa:
    Defensive Stance:
    PPK
    P3P
    wsP
    6P3K
    66PP
    3P
    1P
    46KP
    P+KP
    3P+K
    3K+G
    G2_8P

Wolf:

-------
    First draft/structure, so character specific moves are just inputs with no insight. Please input if you wish, but it will be necessary for completion as I only understand the basics of a few characters (Akira, Aoi, Goh, Jeffry, Vanessa). Just give a move and a paragraph to go with it.

If we want more VF5 players we need more EVO players first...

------Edit

Fuck this. Evo is dead.

This post will remain un-updated as a symbol of my stupid optimism.