1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Points (BP)

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by tonyfamilia, Feb 15, 2009.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Just went into VF.TV and looked at Battle Points. It seems that the rankings are more based on battle points than actual ranks.
    Don't know if anybody here really knows what's the point of BP but figured it be something to talk about seeing as how some unlikely players have a lot of them along with a lot of good and well-known players.

Looks like our boy Blahzie is in 4th right now with 52,766 BP.
    Killa Ken is in 9th and, get ready for this one, BdoubleBlade is in 10th place with 40,501 BP /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif
    It gets better, right behind him is TMG Cyber7 with 39,901 BP /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Our boy Ayufanboy is in 19th place with 30,948 and VFnumbers (come back bro) is in 23rd with 29,574.

Anyway, since it seems kinda hard to rank up with people hiding with their ranks and Master being a pain to pass with hardly any 10th Dans around, I wanted to bring a little bit of interest to BP.

Maybe it was designed to give more of a reward to those that play the most and win the most as opposed to those that get highest rank.

What's your BPs? Mine is only 3361 but I just barely broke 1000 matches not too long ago (wins+losses) so I know I'm not going to catch up to a lot of you anytime soon.
    To check your BP just go into VF.TV->Rankings and go to VS: Battle Points (toggle rankings). Once there press X and your rank should pop up along with your BP.

Hope this gets your competitive flames burning for some ranking matches, see you online /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Lol I didn't know you can press x I scrolled down to the bottom which took like 10-15 mins! I think I'm in the 1500 range can't check the accuracy right now, interesting to see where everyone's at indeed.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You get 4 pts for a win, 1 point for a loss. It's just an accumulation thing... the more you play ranked (win or lose) the higher you'll be on the list. The order has nothing to do with skill.

That's why I did this a couple of weeks ago:
    http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/237290#Post237290

I was more interested in finding those who had achieved high ranks with very few battle points. i.e. they had a very high win percentage.

VFnumbers being listed so high is starting to become like CreeD on VFDC. CreeD hasn't posted here since 2004 but he still has more posts than any one active here nowadays will ever get close to. (He showed up on the shout box late last night out of the blue.)

4. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Holy shit, Creed?? What's he been up to?

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Appently lurking off and on.... he didn't want to be too specific about where and what he's doing now... must be running from the law (again) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

So basically all the top 50 so are super n00bs, they have played 20,000 matches but can they win one? ....Nope /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I think Blahzie has like a 20% win ratio, kind of goes against that "the more you play, the better you get" saying.

I don't know my Battle Points, can't check either. Will take me about 3 days to load the disc.

EDIT: Just calculated my BP roughly from my wins/losses using the power of maths, seems about 8000ish.

Myke is in front of him and Josh and Plague are just behind, they'll both pass him soon.... Unless CreeD starts posting again /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

7. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    i remember mines was around 17th place back in september

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You're still in the top 20 AFAIK VFnos. CreeD used to live this site like you lived on XBL ranking... freakn roll out of bed and he's online argueing vociferously in CreeD's case or fighting Euros in yours. I bet CreeD will always have the most posts all time for a non-moderator here.

9. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

Not that it matters, but my win ratio is over 69%.

That's all. Carry on.

10. Feck

^ Next you'll be telling me you can win a match /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    i think under fecks name, instead of saying veteran it should just say troll.

just so people know.

12. Feck

This makes me sad, i'm not trying to be a troll /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Anyway if I am coming across like that, i'm really bad at it so just tell me to gtfo.

13. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Thanks tony, you definitelly got me all riled up, i'm going to turn it on right now and lose 10,000 matches with a scrubby brad!!!! luckily i don't plan to evolve as a player one bit in that time. lol /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

And whats with the random troll against blahzie, that was just bizarre bfeck.

14. Feck

urghahhh, Random is as random does.

15. smb

smb Well-Known Member

life is like a box of chocolates?

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to kick someone in the but-TOX if this continues...

17. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Lmao!
    Smb, you could get soo far with Brad with just 2K+G and DMP+K. I suggest that you make a separate account though, cuz people WILL hate you, lol.

But yeah, out of all the guys in the top of that list, Blahzie is one of the few who actually knows how to play.

18. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Yeah, everyone will be like who is this guy:

SMB is not Me

Man whoever this joker is, he's terrible, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

19. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

lol, hilarious guys

20. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Holy shit!!!! Think of how many BP's doubleblade would have if he didn't always wait the full 20 seconds to start the fight!!!!