1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Behind hit

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

When you hit opponent's back, do u obtain: MC, mC or normal hit?

Thanks

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Do you mean the same damage bonus as a mc,MC,or normal hit or do you mean the move properties of MC etc sorry for the lack of help( :.On a related note does anyone know weather It's possible to get low kick MC backward throw,I know if you hit them standing they turn around but do you get time for the backward throw if not what about low kick MC low back throw?.I've seen the MC side throws before but not behind is it possible?.

3. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

The only way to get a low kick MC, back throw is to interrupt them from their TT attack. This causes a kind of odd stagger that turns them back around and yes, you get a back throw out of it.

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Depends. I think the situations are:
    They're just standing there with back turned --> normal hit
    They're turning towards you --> mC
    They're executing a TT attack --> MC

The advantage of hitting from behind is that they float just slightly higher (though it's often more difficult to land staple combos, because of the face-down falling animation) and the bounce when the hit the ground is much more pronounced, allowing a much easier time for executing combos.

5. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Depends. I think the situations are:
    They're just standing there with back turned --> normal hit
    They're turning towards you --> mC
    They're executing a TT attack --> MC

The advantage of hitting from behind is that they float just slightly higher (though it's often more difficult to land staple combos,
    because of the face-down falling animation) and the bounce when the hit the ground is much more pronounced, allowing a much
    easier time for executing combos.

<hr></blockquote>

to say it another way, many OTB combos are much easier performed from a face-down, head-away float.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network