1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Fighting Stick in your opinions

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by SanFran_MAN, Aug 3, 2012.

1. SanFran_MAN

SanFran_MAN Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Tsumaki_Kid
    XBL:
    Tsumaki Kid
    I use a Hori Fighting Stick VX as this is my very first beginner stick since I never really have used fighting sticks, and I notice alot of the pros use alot more high tech ones and I was seeing what you guys in General play with as of this day or what you might think is the best fighting stick in your guys opinions.

2. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    i just got a stick a few weeks ago, and it's really the only one i've had experience with: the eightarc Fusion Ebony. it's very nice. i like the weight to it and the felt bottom that prevents sliding on your lap. the USB compartment is also roomy. best part about it, though, in my opinion, besides all Sanwa parts, is that it's dual-modded for XBOX360/PS3-PC right out of the box. i love this because my brother has a 360 and sometimes i face him in vs.

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The nicest sticks i've played with have all been either custom mods or VSHGs. The High Grade just seems to feel better than most other sticks. I think it's because of the weight.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

The madcatz TE round 2 is the best to me. That other stick that has a felt bottom I think would be pretty sweet too if I was used to it.

5. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Hmm... has to be The Box.

[​IMG]

6. Prime

Prime Active Member

I always hear hori in the talks of fight sticks.I use madcats brawl stick which i think is similar to SE. i had to mod it with a jlf cause the stock stick was really bad and the buttons with sanwa parts just cause.although i have to learn to be more careful button pressing because there sensitive to the point were i keep accidentally 3p when i meant to 2p.also had to rip that god awful artwork off because i don't want the rock giving me the eyebrow when i look down.guess what im saying is avoid the brawl stick....

7. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    A hitbox.

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

I personally think the Seimitsu LS-32 is way better then Sanwa sticks and pretty much anyone I convinced to try them out agrees.

9. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    Not sure if my opinion is valued much here, but VSHG is one of my favorite stick styles for fighters. As for components, I've been leaning towards a Suzo Standard STC due to it's short, well defined throws. While more geared for shmups, it's what's comfortable for me. The LS-32 and LS-56 seem to be a good middle ground between the Suzo and JLF for both accuracy and shorter throw.

10. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

I'm using a WWE Brawl Stick (Xbox 360) modded with Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Joystick and Sanwa OBSF-30 Buttons. Good weight and response overall. I just need to tweak the stick a bit as it has more play in it than I prefer.

11. NotANoob81

NotANoob81 Member

I thought it was pretty obvious , but no one has mentioned the Hori VLX. Its a very solid and good looking stick with a mount that is compatible with Sanwa and Seimitsu sticks. Following that is the VSHG.