1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Best thing to do after a stagger

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by 124, May 24, 2010.

1. 124

124 Well-Known Member

is it [3] [3] [K]?

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I don't know Pais moves but it depends on how fast your opponants stagger recovery is, I.E. how fast he can twiddle the stick. If he's slow you can go for slower moves that deal greater damage.

3. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

The best thing to do after a stagger is this amazing 2 hit combo which works for every character. It goes like this:

Stagger -> hold down xbox guide button and quickly combo into up + A. This will give a 90% combo which you can't shake out of.

Also, if you press the eject button on the xbox, take the VF disk out and snap it in half you can get added oki after the combo.

The most consistent and damaging option though is to merely throw the xbox out of your window. I can assure you the opponent will never see it coming.

4. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Clarify: Do you mean (1)"Best thing to do after hitting your opponent with a stagger?" or (2)"Best thing to do after being staggered (yourself)?"

In the case of (1), you should find what moves would be 95% guaranteed, and go for that. If one of them is a launcher (such as 33K), then thats your best bet. Keep in mind that certain launchers won't float as high during some staggers.

In the case of (2), BLOCK. Or optionally, fuzzy. Too many people get abare after staggers, and it gets them killed.

5. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

This is probably why you never win, Hazz.

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    +1 to Ash.

7. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

It could also be why he never loses.

8. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Hazz not losing? To quote Captain Mainwaring, "I think you're entering the realms of fantasy".

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

No such thing as "Best thing to do after a stagger".

It all depends on how your opponent reacts to the stagger, if they are poor at struggling you can probably land a launcher but thats not likely against most opponents.

Nothing is guaranteed so you're best of watching what your opponent does after they break the stagger, mid/throw mix up is usually a good choice.

It can't be that difficult to keep the joking in the shoutbox or other subforums, this isn't the place. If you couldn't give a decent response to the thread topic why not stfu?

EDIT: Also it's up up A [​IMG]

10. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    It's only [8][8] A if you use dirty wireless stuff.

11. 124

124 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. But a grab is always achieved after a stagger... [​IMG]

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    If you stagger them with [4][K] then by all means go for FLA [3][K].
    If they are good to struggle, FLA [3][P][K] then FLA [3][K].

You cant throw a staggering opponent with normal throw.. They actually have to recover from the stagger first. Thats where the unintended guessing games happen regarding whether they struggle or not or how fast they are to struggle.

13. 124

124 Well-Known Member

0000000oooooooo0Hhhhhhhhh....

14. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

damn, i need to go back to the Philippines and play VF with you all. 124 who else plays VF there????

15. 124

124 Well-Known Member

ALL MY BROS.! They're good! You can play with me if you want! And please tell me what things should I improve if you'd fight with me... I think a few people plays VF here they always play Teklen! If you're lookin for VF players in the pHIL. Look and browse our THread. [​IMG]

16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

[6] [P] [4] [K]

On stagger the elbow launches and it's practically the fastest safe mid you got. You can hit confirm the stagger to kick ender and then do some combo magic or something like that.

If you're too far away try [2] [K] [K]