1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Bizarre Shun Throw Scenario

Discussion in 'Shun' started by JHow77, Nov 2, 2009.

1. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
  2. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    LOL WTF MAGIC THROW against shun

3. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Wow. Does this remind anyone else of Tekken Tag's numerous glitches?

4. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

It reminds me more of handcuff throws from World Warrior.

5. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Wow that's insane. I hope they fix that and give him a sabaki+throw escape 2 in 1, or a 79 point damage, safe, combo, non-throw clash from that position. damn shun [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I reckon that falling back animation counted as backturned all the way down, as its basically a move, not just falling back. Shun hadnt landed fully when the backthrow came out at 0 frames.

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

wow so I can throw shun now if he does the falling down animation. I wonder why we've never seen anyone do this before.

8. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Haha, I've seen it before! It also happened to me with Wolf being thrown after blocked [9][K] or ducked [9][P]+[G]... don't remember which one was it... gonna test it and see if it wasn't an accident [​IMG]

9. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I thought shun has always been able to be thrown from fall down moves, just that it isn't easy to react to. maybe I was just always hoping for something to catch that prick. haha.

10. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Is this something that can be used against a Shun player in a match or is the timing very strict as to when he is throwable???

Basically, are we talking like a small window of frames, right as he hits the ground, where that can be pulled off or is it not too timing specific, i.e. when you see him fall you can nail that throw every time???

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Extra props to you for making a vid about it.

12. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    There are only two situations when Shun can be throw while lying down. This one is the easiest because you get almost two seconds after he's fallen (but only possible from BT instance). The impractical thing about this is no Shun player will ever use that move unless showing off or just having fun.

The other situation when Shun can be thrown is immediately after going into lay down stance, but the timing is so hard it's not useful to try. A quick hit followed by a pounce is the best option. This just made me want to see a BT lay down back throw!! =)

There is one other instance but not while lying down. It's when Shun rolls forward from one-legged stance. He can be thrown at anytime during the roll.

The strange thing about this video is that the game considers you facing front, not BT, after falling. And the thing I love best about this move is that it's the longest lying down opportunity in the game. What I mean is after falling down (only from the BT position) Shun can lay there for almost 5 seconds. It really screws up people in wake up situations.