1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

bloody lurkers

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mr. Bungle, Dec 29, 2000.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

the main index says vs city has 400 registered users. i can only name about 10-20 posters by memory.

so who the fuck are you people?

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You know, some ppl prefer to browse through the board under registered user name just to see which threads contain new replies etc...

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i do know that, that's why "lurkers" is in the subject line.

i'm just wondering who they are, and if they all have something, or nothing to contribute.

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

the list

yeh, show yerselves! there should be a list of users somewhere on the site! that way: no more hiding , and it would make it easier to contact other users for whatever purpose (a useful addition to the private messages). no posts from someone within, say, 6 months, and they're OFF the list and outa versus city (not necessarily for ever)! it would encourage more posts from a much wider range of posters. no more anonymous posters either. this is a forum, somewhere where people can discuss things, not for idle bastards who are too lazy to type in their own name and actually register.

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: the list

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!

I don't mind lurkers, it's when they start posting n refuse to register, that I don't appreciate. It's annoying. At least, have the manners of letting me know who I'm conversing with.

by the way, we're outta space on the site. Thus, apart from any new ideas we might implement, along goes with it my lighting debut/images/icons/wink.gif
    <font color=red>SummErs' 'Faster Than Lighting! '

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

improvements

while i'm on the subject on VC improvements, what happened to any of those improvements/new ideas on that list posted a few months ago? a news section is good (er, except there isn't any. ever.), but i don't think a few changes would do the place any harm. new changes (even completely new entire sections) could also encourage the hundreds of registered 'members' who never contribute anything to do just that (by trying to create a little bit of hype, like if a VF-X section was added - just now limited to rumors and wish lists, but later for screenshots, etc).

7. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Ah, my cover's blown!

Okay okay... I admit that I'm one of the many lurkers to the site. I used to post a lot on this board a while back, though I don't know if anyone even remembers or cares for that matter.

Anyway, don't worry about me. I still visit this board regularly and will post anything VF-related once it comes to mind. I just haven't had much to say about this series lately. Don't get me wrong... I still love VF and everything this series brings to the table gameplay-wise (quality of graphics goes without question). But seriously, I have maybe played the DC version of VF3tb maybe 2 or 3 times since NYG2... and the arcades around here in the metro Detroit, MI area that once had VF3, tb or ob, don't carry either anymore (or I just haven't found a place that has one). I rarely even play VF3tb, and chat even less about this game -- and the VF series in general. Attending gatherings are the only way I stay interested in VF3, since there's quite a few other DC games that I prefer to play right now.

Kruza

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Kruza on 12/29/00 11:21 PM.</FONT></P>

8. TripleRaid

TripleRaid Active Member

Well I am a lurker also. :p

[​IMG] <font color=white>:: TripleRaid</font color=white>