1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Brad throw combo?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Yupa, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

(I'm too lazy to go searching thru the entire Brad thread, so I apologize in advance if this has been covered there.)

If Brad's opponent doesn't quick rise after his b,f+P+G throw, what's the most damaging follow up?

b,f+P+G > pounce is 57 pts damage.
    b,f+P+G > d+K+G is 59 pts damage.
    b,f+P+G > f,f+K is 63 pts damage.

Is there anything more powerful?

Is there any vicious okizemi against someone that does quick rise/tech roll after this throw?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If they don't tech at all:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > heavy down attack
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif into slipping options

If they tech roll to the side after the throw, then you can backstagger them, but nothing is guaranteed after a stagger if they're fast to recover.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Sure! Make me fire up my PS3 to find the damage pts... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Thank you.

edit:

Hmm...

b,f+P+G > f,f+K is 63 pts
    b,f+P+G > b,f+K+G is 60 pts

Providing your opponent is brain dead and doesn't try to quick rise... (He has 2 opportunities with these combos.)

b,f+P+G > f,f+K > pounce is 85 pts
    b,f+P+G > b,f+K+G > pounce is 82 pts

But b,f+P+G > f,f+P+K,P is what I was looking for! It's also 63 pts damage but provides a refloat to continue the combo. Nice. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Quickly, b,f+P+G > f,f+P+K,P(G) > f,f+K is 79 pts, and there are many more options to explore... character weight affects the refloat.

4. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

86 Damage:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif *pause* > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

I think the key here is *NOT* to input the suggested /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif following /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for this version. Instead pause, and try to "just" input the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to connect as the opponent's head strikes the ground for the best bounce. Only been practicing a few minutes, and I'm about 80% or more accurate.

Thanks both Yupa and Myke for the topic and clarification. 1/3 of a health bar doesn't mean your safe... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Edit: Possible with added /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, but still feels less "fluid." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif does not connect on Jeffry, Wolf, Kage, Lei-Fei or Blaze. Does connect on Sarah, Vanessa, Aoi, Eileen and Pai. I guess this is a pretty selective bounce string. I was suprised to see it connect with Eileen and not Blaze.

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    As far as guaranteed combos go:
    - if the opponent doesn't tech roll the throw
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif>whatever.... if the opponent tech rolls of course
    - if the opponent tech rolls the throw
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

it's kind of a guessing game between the players too, 'cause you have to input the ducking sequence immediately after the throw to hit tech rolling opponet with a (Ducking)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    Anyways, the first one is 63 dmg, the second one is 55 when adding the kick to the throw dmg.

I just don't play anyone who would risk not getting up from this throw....

6. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

I guess you could say I'm on the "theoretical" end, because I just don't know a lot of people that play (grew up with Tekken and Soul Calibur). Hopefully that will change with the 360 version coming out... I'll probably be able to get away with these moves for at least a few months. If a couple of you hardcore Euro players would just relocate to Northern California I would have this problem /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif .

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I guarantee your outlook on the game will COMPLETELY change the first time you play a human opponent, especially one that's pretty good. If you live in NorCal, I know a couple of people up there that can give you a good run for your money. Check out the Match Making forum for your local thread.

In future, if you want to share combos, it's probably best to set the CPU to perform Fall Recovery. Unless a combo is guaranteed, then there isn't much point in posting it since one simple tech roll can spell disaster for Brad.

8. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

Human error and human randomness = change in tactics. So much more invigorating than spamming the computer.
    @myself - don't fly out to Australia and challenge Myke with Brad.

And yeah, I'll filter my posts to what the board considers "combos" next time.