1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Tsukami

Discussion in 'Goh' started by social_ruin, Oct 31, 2009.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they've fixed this move in vf5R so that ur opponent can't break this by just mashing buttons?

2. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

What works for me is the [P] [+] [G] to a free [4] [6] [P] then do the combo from there. Also go one direction and [P] [+] [G] usually works for me.

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Genius.

4. ShinyBrentford

well if it works don't fix it.

5. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

All they have to do to escape your first example is press the guard button. That makes the push move is essentially useless. Just too easy to get out of and if they see you let go they're gonna press guard every time.

The only good option you have is 2,2 P+G because they have to press up to break it which is sort of counter intuitive because so few throws are broken that way. One of Aoi's multi-part throws is the only other one I can think of...

Most good players -> you can't land that move on them.

6. ShinyBrentford

Let me correct myself. You don't have to take the two steps in the judo dance. Just do the one step if they keep breaking it.

7. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

except for that is exactly the problem. They do NOT have to press up to break. They are supposed to have to press up. That is how the move is intended to work. But in reality, they can press whatever the fuck they want and have an 80% chance to break it. Unless every noob, intermediate, advanced, etc player i have ever faced has the uncanny ability to take a 25% probability of the correct guess, and luckily guess the 1 in 4 correctly 50-75% of the time. Which is why i asked if they have fixed it. And i would still like to know, have they fixed it?

Also, even if u grab with the p+g and then press whatever to release the, many times the u pushing them away animation is stopped halfway during it, so they can strangely counter ur push away and gain the adv. So even the release is brokish.

AND AND AND...i completely agree with u on the topic of 46p as a punisher. THat is exactly what i am trying to work out of my game. -->building habits that work perfectly fine against average players, but lose to good players who know what they are doing. Those are the habits i'm trying to (with varied success) remove from my game.

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEhDZN0RFjw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEhDZN0RFjw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

9. Jargen88

Jargen88 Well-Known Member

LOL! Bookmarked for future use [​IMG]