1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Buy (and use) a mic!

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Krye, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Hey everyone,

By God3l's request I'd like to ask everyone to use their mics when playing in rooms! We were talking about how to get more people to play in rooms and how to make rooms more fun and an increased usage of mics seems like the best way. Using your mic just makes things a lot more personal: your opponents are no longer just a gamertag and a character, but an actual human being with a voice. When you're waiting for your turn in line, you can chat with the rest of the players not playing. The laughter and rage will be shared. And, when you don't get something, you can ask people what's going on with this or that move and what you should do to beat it.

100000 advantages, now all you need to do is use your mic, and if you don't have one, buy one! They're not that expensive either if you think about the advantages. Don't have a mic port on your controller? I haven't actually checked this, but you're supposed to be able to buy a bluetooth headset that doesn't need a mic port. Problem solved.

Let's play some room matches and level up! We're close to the Japanese.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The downside to using your mic is listening to me or Seidon talking sh*t. You have all been warned...

3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Done...

4. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Lol, if you come to our rooms you might want thick skin. In the end, if you can bs with us then its all good. BUY YO MIC!

5. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    I've never found a room online...

6. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I'm not gonna restrain myself...I will talk shit like crazy, so that G0d3L will regret suggesting me to use a mic...:D

Mister likes this.
  7. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Whatch out for "kingo style" action ... :D:D:eek::D:D

8. KageRulesALL

KageRulesALL Guest

XBL:
    Pepsolman
    People that talk too much annoy me. I mute my TV sometimes and play in silence. I get more enjoyment out of that. I even have the music off. I like to keep focused. Talking doesn't make you better... especially if you're just talking smack to sound tough.

Modelah likes this.
  9. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I know what you meant, since that's the only way for Ben and G0d3L to win a match against me, so....:p

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Man I would love to use a mic, but I have no clue what to buy. Recommendations/links/donations would he appreciated!

11. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I use the cheapo MS official mic

Cozby likes this.
  12. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    I have a mic... but don't like listening to trash talks...

13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    When i said talk shi*t i didn't mean trash talk. I meant actual nonsense. You'd laugh, but it would throw your game. :D

14. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    Oh! Funny stuff is good! I played against a Jackie who was saying funny stuff and it was fun playing him.

15. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Unfortunately, everyone I've played that has a mic has been annoying.

Ghetto-mumble whining (SlaughterOC) = not fun.
    Giggling like a pedo in kindergarten (yip77) = not fun and creepy.
    Utter silence (daniel123gg) =not fun and :confused:

16. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I dont mind talking on the mic but if it's like 3 in the morning dont expect much enthusiasm from me, im probably on Pandora or something. Also I don't really talk to people outside of my friends list unless its someone worth talking to

17. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    I use a Turtle Beach headset and its works well for me. Most of their newer models are wireless but I actually prefer wired for online play. Depending on your TV you may have to buy a RCA audio cable adapter with it though.

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Gaming-...d=1365532178&sr=8-6&keywords=Xbox+360+headset

Cozby likes this.
  18. Keoma

Keoma Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DaManWithNoGame
    I have a mic, but I'm not much of a mic guy. I prefer to curse people out when they can't hear me-- kinda like yelling road rage profanities at people with your window up.

19. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    if you want to level up quickly online it is better you have one I get bored to just playing and want to have friendly conversations with people to get a good flow going. It is closest thing you get to a real offline event if you want to prepare for it as you might hear what is going on the background. Talking when I play cheers me up alot especially when I am in a room with Tim or shiny I love hearing them talk. I am used to hearing their random comments and yet so many people think they are being assholes when they are not alot of people just don't like how they speak. You would have to be in a room with them to see what I mean but I won't give too much away aside from that. What you hear on the shoutbox etc is nothing close to what you hear when you play them online. They always cheer me up when I hear their joyful enthusiasm.

If you guys know someone is better than you and they have a mic and they appear to be approachable pick their brain about the game seriously and don't shy away from them just because they are killing you time and time again. You won't get any better against them unless you ask questions about what they are seeing in your game that makes you free to them. I am sure they would share some incite on that if they really care about helping the VF community grow any unfortunately not everyone is like that. The random talk can be a distraction sometimes but if you want to prepare for real offline matches force yourself to play with these conversations going on and learn to focus while they happen it will help you in real offline matches.

I couldn't hear myself think at Winterbrawl but I am was used to it hearing people talk randomly online alot so it didn't hinder my play too much though.

20. Keoma

Keoma Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DaManWithNoGame
    Nonsense like this, in the BGs thread, is why I don't like to use my mic that much anymore. Not everyone should be encouraged to buy a mic, lol.