1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Capcom, Bandai, Sega collaboration on 3DS

Discussion in 'General' started by El_Twelve, Feb 25, 2012.

1. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

http://pxz.channel.or.jp/

Capcom, Bandai Namco, Sega... Banpresto involved... on 3DS.

Sounds suspiciously like a follow up to Namco X Capcom

Thoughts? Would be nice to see what Sega characters are included if it is so. Also, whether Bamco are going to include Bandai characters like Gundam and the Super Sentai(Power Rangers) series.

Hype for this is through the roof. If it's anything less than a crossover game, people will be really disappointed.

2. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Man, I hope it's a new IP altogether. Tired of crossovers and all that nonsense.

3. Flyingguillotine

Flyingguillotine Well-Known Member

^^^ Oh my god, is everyone here an uptight stick in the mud? No wonder the VF community is so small. Please use some common sense, WTF would Capcom need collaboration from Sega to make an original property. That statement is so dumb you need to just edit it out altogether. I pray it's a VF/SF crossover. It will be the first Vf game in a while to get more mainstream coverage and hype. Ign has been blatantly ignoring all the Final Showdown coverage of recent months. It's aggravating.

4. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

I don't think I said anything that warrants a response like yours. There's nothing 'uptight' about wanting an original game and not a crossover. If they make one, they make one. I'd prefer something new.

In fact, the JP gaming industry desperately needs new IPs. Their audience has been shrinking in all markets -- that includes Japan itself where people just play video games less often than they used to. Companies like Namco and Sega do not understand how to expand either audience after years of this decline, so, yes, I would like to see them at least have a go. That way they can grow as a business and continue making good games.

Sidenote: Nintendo collaborated with Sega and Namco to work on projects based only on Nintendo properties. F-Zero GX/AX was developed by Amusement Vision. It's one of my favorite games of all time, so this sort of collaboration has worked pretty well in the past. Calm down man.