1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

chibita flow charts?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Vicious666, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever transcribed some chibita lion flowcharts?

I did a search, but didn't find anything. I'm interested in how he strings a lot of pecking moves together, making some insane combos.

Thanks

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

BananaFingers gave it a shot in the widely available <font color=red>SusukinoLau' Wolf vs. chibita's Lion</font color=red>. <font color=black>The Brotherhood of Lion</font color=black> presents it: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/chibitavssusukino.html>http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/chibitavssusukino.html</a> vid is available at CreeD's ftp and FeizaQ too. Check out <font color=orange>Search</font color=orange> for discussion here.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Some stuff I've noticed from him:

Low kick (hits) ---> FC-f+P uppercut ... a great bait. The low kick's got some recovery, which makes people want to hurt lion afterwards.

FC throw ---> b,f+K+G ---> dodge (turns towards) ---> f+P, P
    Anti TR, mix with pounce if they don't TR. He also tends to turn towards and do elbow-poke if the b,f+K+G ever fails to connect.

d+P (blocked or hits) ---> f+P
    Pretty common one for any lion player, or anyone with a FC uppercut even.

d+P (hits) ---> d+K+G

For when you're determined to get some damage. Most people won't crouch and guard after a successful d+P.

d+P ---> (buffered backdash) d/b+K ... I also remember seeing d+P into buffered backdash --> d/b+P,P

Sort of a strange one, the second option is safer than the first, but both sort of count on the opponent standing (as opposed to poking with a quick elbow). Maybe these stuff low punches reliably, at least at certain distances.

f+P (blocked) --> m-uppercut

quick recovering elbow is good bait for an uppercut MC. Better do do f+P, m-upper than f+P, P. The uppercut's faster by like half a dozen frames.

f+P (stagger or MC) ---> sweep

A situation where you're pretty likely to get some damage, even if it's not much.

f+P (stagger) ---> crouch dash ---> uppercut or f+P+G throw.

Elbow (blocked) ---> sidekick
    Not real sure what this is for. He does it tho. Maybe when he thinks people have "learned" from f+P --> sweep.

f,b+P+K ---> throw,
    f,b+P+K, P, ---> throw ... people are afraid of the third punch and stand and guard. Chibita favors the HCB throw here.

P --> f,b+P+K, P ... standing punch to set up the above flowchart.

d/f+K (blocked from long range) ---> b+P+K (I think, the duck'n'ream two handed strike) --> crumple ---> f,f+K,K ---> sidekick (staggers the tech roll)

... those are off the top of my head, I might notice a few more after watching some old clips. He likes opening rounds with half a back dash into b,b+K, P+K too.

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

f,b+P+K ---> throw,
    f,b+P+K, P, ---> throw ... people are afraid of the third punch and stand and guard. Chibita favors the HCB throw here.

P --> f,b+P+K, P ... standing punch to set up the above flowchart.

<hr></blockquote>

I think it's b,f+p+k......

5. takira

takira Well-Known Member

hi
    any one knows where can I find chibita VS shinz movie?!
    thank u

6. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

Creed, thanks a ton! That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Takira, I too want some chibita vs. shinz movies, but i don't think they've been posted yet, if they even exist. I know they just played during shinz's trip to Japan, but I haven't seen any vs. chibita movies come out of that. from i what's been posted, chibita dominated, and I can't wait to see it!

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you're right, my apologies for any confusion...