chibita flow charts?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Vicious666, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever transcribed some chibita lion flowcharts?

I did a search, but didn't find anything. I'm interested in how he strings a lot of pecking moves together, making some insane combos.

Thanks

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

BananaFingers gave it a shot in the widely available <font color=red>SusukinoLau' Wolf vs. chibita's Lion</font color=red>. <font color=black>The Brotherhood of Lion</font color=black> presents it: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/chibitavssusukino.html>http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/chibitavssusukino.html</a> vid is available at CreeD's ftp and FeizaQ too. Check out <font color=orange>Search</font color=orange> for discussion here.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Some stuff I've noticed from him:

Low kick (hits) ---> FC-f+P uppercut ... a great bait. The low kick's got some recovery, which makes people want to hurt lion afterwards.

FC throw ---> b,f+K+G ---> dodge (turns towards) ---> f+P, P
    Anti TR, mix with pounce if they don't TR. He also tends to turn towards and do elbow-poke if the b,f+K+G ever fails to connect.

d+P (blocked or hits) ---> f+P
    Pretty common one for any lion player, or anyone with a FC uppercut even.

d+P (hits) ---> d+K+G

For when you're determined to get some damage. Most people won't crouch and guard after a successful d+P.

d+P ---> (buffered backdash) d/b+K ... I also remember seeing d+P into buffered backdash --> d/b+P,P

Sort of a strange one, the second option is safer than the first, but both sort of count on the opponent standing (as opposed to poking with a quick elbow). Maybe these stuff low punches reliably, at least at certain distances.

f+P (blocked) --> m-uppercut

quick recovering elbow is good bait for an uppercut MC. Better do do f+P, m-upper than f+P, P. The uppercut's faster by like half a dozen frames.

f+P (stagger or MC) ---> sweep

A situation where you're pretty likely to get some damage, even if it's not much.

f+P (stagger) ---> crouch dash ---> uppercut or f+P+G throw.

Elbow (blocked) ---> sidekick
    Not real sure what this is for. He does it tho. Maybe when he thinks people have "learned" from f+P --> sweep.

f,b+P+K ---> throw,
    f,b+P+K, P, ---> throw ... people are afraid of the third punch and stand and guard. Chibita favors the HCB throw here.

P --> f,b+P+K, P ... standing punch to set up the above flowchart.

d/f+K (blocked from long range) ---> b+P+K (I think, the duck'n'ream two handed strike) --> crumple ---> f,f+K,K ---> sidekick (staggers the tech roll)

... those are off the top of my head, I might notice a few more after watching some old clips. He likes opening rounds with half a back dash into b,b+K, P+K too.

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

f,b+P+K ---> throw,
    f,b+P+K, P, ---> throw ... people are afraid of the third punch and stand and guard. Chibita favors the HCB throw here.

P --> f,b+P+K, P ... standing punch to set up the above flowchart.

<hr></blockquote>

I think it's b,f+p+k......

5. takira

takira Well-Known Member

hi
    any one knows where can I find chibita VS shinz movie?!
    thank u

6. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

Creed, thanks a ton! That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Takira, I too want some chibita vs. shinz movies, but i don't think they've been posted yet, if they even exist. I know they just played during shinz's trip to Japan, but I haven't seen any vs. chibita movies come out of that. from i what's been posted, chibita dominated, and I can't wait to see it!

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you're right, my apologies for any confusion...