1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland VF4ers: Please read

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Vicious666, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

My friend and I recently discovered the VF4 machine at Dave and Busters in Westlake. We'd like to play more people. Anyone interested in setting up a casual meet and play there?

2. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

Well first, I will have to get there. And play it and then possibly we could set up a meeting.

3. jwalton

jwalton Active Member

I'm down!

4. Vicious666

That's 3 of us!

5. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

Wow...Now all we need to do is find out if there are any more people in Ohio, who like Virtua Fighter...

6. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

I'm down, but I work from noon 'till 9, so it'd have to be evenings or weekends.

7. Vicious666

I'm sure that we would do it in the evenings anyways. I work usually 9 till 7, anyways...

I was hoping more people would respond...must not be a lot of Cleveland people on the boards...

8. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Not a lot of people, but Cleveland isn't THAT big an arcade town. Kind of a shame there's not VF4 at the Great Northern arcade. There are Tekken players there who I bet would migrate en masse.

Also, this week will be not so good for me, but possibly this weekend. How about the rest of you?

9. Vicious666

this weekend is probably cool, although i'm sure i'll be there one or two nights this week, too!! haha.

10. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Who do you use, if y' don't mind me asking.
    I'm a bit new to this and decided (like a lot of people do) to pick up Akira.

Turns out he's not that easy to use, which is cool.

11. Vicious666

I've been favoring Pai. First time I played, I accidently picked her, and ended up really liking her. She flows nicely, and has some cool counters.

I also like Lei. He can be super brutal.

12. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Do you know what D&B's hours are?
    This week isn't so good, but next week should be great for me. Plan a regular, like, Tuesday night bash or something...

13. Vicious666

Actually, we just planned a "Thursday Night Throwdown" this week. Probably meetin' up around 9pm or so.

DnB is open real late, past midnight at least, probably til 2am, I'd say. It's got a bar and poolroom, so they stay open late. FYI, they kick underage people out after 10pm usually.

As for a regular night...really, I'm thinking Thursday nights are good, especially since "Thursday Night Throwdown" has a nice ring to it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Fair enough.
    If I can make it this Thursday, I'm there. If not, I'll see you next Thursday.

15. jwalton

jwalton Active Member

Im there, suckers, and you better believe im gonna own you all!!!!

bwaaaahahaha!

...joking /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

16. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

So how'd it go yesterday?

17. Vicious666

Not too bad, I guess. Lost a bunch. Just me and 3 friends, really. No one new, unfortunately. I think we are going back on Saturday night. I'll post more when I know specifics. We closed the place, btw, at 1am! Haha.

18. jwalton

jwalton Active Member

They had to drag Viscious away from the machine. Almost literally.

I owned all, just as i predicted! bwaaahahah!

acutally, we had a button-mashing friend with us who was doing really well against us... that is how bad we actually are....

19. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

No kidding about being bad at this game still. I'm supposedly working on Akira and still can't get the DLC regularly.

20. Vicious666

From what I understand, Akira is pretty tough to use...

anyway, LemonMan, do you check the board daily? Cause I'll post or send you a PM tomorrow about tomorrow night. We're definitely going back to DnB with some friends.