1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus Bar Battles 3 - Columbus OH, 8/21 - VF5!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Dandy_J, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Columbus Bar Battles 3 will be held in Columbus, OH on August 21st, 2010

WE'VE GOT A VENUE CHANGE!!![/size] CBB3 is now being held at MOMO²[/size]! Read below for details.

If you are attending this tournament, please read this post:[/size] 8/14 update

We are now requiring [free] pre-registration. You must pre-register to participate in the tournament![/size] If someone from your crew is coming to CBB3, let them know, especially if they don't check this thread often. The pre-registration form is here: Columbus Bar Battles 3 Registration
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Click here for the flyer!

Our 3rd event is brought to you by Columbus Fighting Games, the MidWest Arc, and the Columbus fighting game community. More games, more hype!

All brackets will be run by either myself, Ailerus, Brent (MrBlasty), Tim Static, Ghaleon, or other trusted members of the community.

A live stream and commentary will again be provided by the legendary Brent Harris aka MrBlasty, along with guest commentary from various other players such as myself and anyone who belongs in the chair and on the air.

Venue information
    MOMO²
    2885 Olentangy River Road
    Columbus, OH 43202
    (614) 784-0888
    Directions

The tournament will be held at the much-revered MOMO², primarily known as the home of Season's Beatings for 5 years running. If you've never been to MOMO², it is a large, comfortable venue with a laid-back atmosphere. In addition to great food, they also serve bubble tea and alcohol to those of age. If that's not your thing, there are plenty of fast food and not-so-fast food joints within walking distance, including the popular Raising Cane's. But please, respect the venue -- no outside food or drinks permitted! There is plenty of parking in front of the venue and throughout the shopping center, especially since there will be no other major events that day.

Vuvuzelas are permitted at this event. However, our tournament staff, nor the Zeno's staff, nor any attendees present are responsible for what may happen to you or your vuvuzela should you attempt to use it.

Schedule, entry fees, and payouts
    Doors open at 12:00pm noon, though the bar opens at 11:00am. If you arrive before noon, you can chill at the bar or help us set up. [​IMG]

Venue fee is $10. Everything we receive after covering our costs will be split evenly across all non-SSF4 games as a pot bonuses! Just to be clear, I've marked (*) all games that will receive pot bonuses.

If you bring a TV or a console + appropriate game, you will receive $5 off the venue fee. If you bring a full setup (TV + console + cables + game), your venue fee will be waived. We don't need an unlimited number of setups so please PM myself or MrBlasty if you plan on supplying something. The final cut-off will be determined at the venue, first come first served, so PMing us early and then showing up at 3:00pm with a SSFIV setup ain't gonna cut it.

Super Street Fighter IV will start at 1:00pm sharp. Other times are rough estimates.

* Denotes a pot bonus.

1:00pm
    Super Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360) - $10

2:00pm~3:00pm
    *BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Xbox 360) - $5
    *Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2) - $5

4:00pm~5:00pm
    *Super Street Fighter II HD Remix (Xbox 360) - $10
    *Tekken 6 (PS3) - $10

6:00pm~7:00pm
    *Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC) - $5 + Low Tier - $TBA
    *Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (TBA) - $5
    *Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360) - $5

???
    Random MAME Fighting Game Tournament (PC) - $2
    Side tournament(s) for the top vote-in game(s) - $TBA

Tournament rules
    All games will be double elimination, or round robin + finals for games with 5 or less entrants. Games will be 2/3 matches, then 3/5 for all finals (winners, losers, grand).

In double elimination tournaments, the player coming from losers into grand finals will have to take 2 sets of 3/5 to win. After each match, loser can switch character, winner cannot. In grand finals, if the player coming from losers resets the score, both players can change character in the 1st match of the 2nd set. All games played on 2/3 rounds unless specified.

Pot split will be 70% / 20% / 10% for 1st / 2nd / 3rd, respectively in all games.

In SSFIV or MBAA, if a player pauses the game during a tournament match, the other player can choose to get a free match, play the match over, or unpause keep playing. In BBCS, HDR, T6, UMK3, and VF5, the match will be replayed from the appropriate round, since in those games, meters either don't exist, reset, or are easy to reset (# of bursts in BBCS). In MvC2 just let it rock cause DC blue screens are a way of life.

Game-specific rules
    Super Street Fighter IV: Winner can switch ultra.
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift: All characters allowed. Makoto and Mu will be available.
    Super Street Fighter II HD Remix: Akuma is banned.
    Melty Blood Actress Again: Archetype Earth is banned.
    Tekken 6: 3/5 rounds, 60 seconds, random stage.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2: Game-breaking bugs banned, you know what they are.
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3: Gameplay-altering kodes are banned. Throwing is encouraged. [​IMG]
    Virtua Fighter 5: 3/5 rounds, 45 seconds, random stage.

See you there!

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    On my calender, I will be there.

3. chip

chip Member

I'm In.

4. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Re: Columbus Bar Battles 3 - Columbus OH, 8/21 - V

Richard and I are flying in for this...does the bar allow admittance for individuals under 21? If so, we may be bringing someone with us.

5. Dandy_J

Yes, all ages are allowed. Glad you guys can make it, we'll be glad to see you there!

6. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha

I'm down to go, lets see what happens [​IMG]

7. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

Im trying to play everything hehe should be fun

8. tex

tex Well-Known Member

Darn, I can't make it because I will be in school and I live in Florida.

9. Dandy_J

Attention!! Attention!! Attention!!

In light of the possible over-attendance at this event, we've decided to do require [free] pre-registration. You must pre-register to participate in the tournament! If someone from your crew is coming to CBB3, let them know, especially if they don't check this thread often.

The registration form is here: Columbus Bar Battles 3 Registration

10. Dandy_J

Hey guys. If any of you haven't registered yet, please PM me with the following information:

Real Name
    Handle
    Location (city, state)
    Games you are entering (must include VF5...no, I'm not joking!)

If you are bringing anyone with you that is also entering games, include their information as well.

Thanks!

11. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Im gettin "Registration is closed at this time." I shall holla in the afternun

12. DrunkenFist

DrunkenFist Active Member

I'll be there as well, trying to get my friend to come too. Been waiting for a tournament close by for a while now. Everyone is caught up playing games with broken mechanics

13. Dandy_J

Yeah, official registrations are closed. Don't sweat it, VF is being ran later in the day. The registrations were mostly for getting a head count for the busiest games, just make sure you send me a PM. Keep an eye on this thread and the SRK thread over the next couple weeks, I'll be posting some brackets and important information. I'll say this much right now: If you aren't playing SSF4 and don't have an interest in being around for it, I'd recommend arriving after 4:00pm.

14. DrunkenFist

DrunkenFist Active Member

Ok so are you playing vf later or is the vf closed and tournament is already set up ?

15. AviH20

AviH20 Member

Hey everyone playing VF.

I will probably host VF games at my place on the tournament day until about 4pm when SSF4 is scheduled to end. The tournament is gonna be packed as hell and there is no chance of casuals of any kind at the venue, let alone VF. Pretty much there is no point of being there at all any earlier if you aren't playing SSF4. I got plenty of space though if people can bring 360s and copies of VF that might help (I've got 2).

Please post up and PM if you are interested. We may also run more games at my place after the tourney if everyone is still down for more VF.

16. Dandy_J

DrunkenFist you are good, just shoot me a PM. VF will be later on in the day and will always be open for signups.

To everyone attending: Avi is a long time member of the VF community, who has hosted many a gatherings at his place over the years. Like he says, the tournament will be packed, with no room for casuals earlier in the day. I want everyone to have a good time and an opportunity to play, so that's why I am recommending that anyone coming for VF to hit up his place for games in VF before (and after) the tournament. PM myself or Avi if you have any questions.

17. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hey Avi - Thanks for offering to host VF casuals at your place. I will definitely plan on getting to C-bus earlier for it [​IMG]. It will be good to see the C-bus crew again.

18. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Ah man... the VF community is DEFINITELY the best. I've slept in so many homes now... lol. I'll bring my console + I'll drop a PM

19. Dullyanna

Dullyanna Member

Whoops, wish I'd known it would be that packed beforehand lol. I'm really just coming for VF5 and casuals, not to mention I only signed on for SSF4 just for gits and shiggles (I would've donated to the pots of other games, but I'm too poor). That still gives me a bare minimum of two hours before I get my arse handed to me in the VF tourney, so it's all good.

20. Dandy_J

If you're driving here yourself, you can always come for SSF4, then chill at Avi's until VF starts, though it's a 20 minute drive. We'll be in contact so people there will know when it is starting.