1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Combo movie for Rich!

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by kbcat, Nov 15, 1999.

1. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Here's a combo performed by GodEater, suggested by Rich, uploaded by <font color=#3366ff>kbcat</font>. Enjoy!

Rich-GodEater Kage combo

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Wow! (Note: ~1K reply)

That was sweet! Never occurred to me that the backturned flip-kick had combo potential (after the MC). What else is possible? PKG, DP? PK, running slide?

But I really can't see Rich doing such a high-risk backturned attack like that in a real battle /images/icons/tongue.gif (sorry Rich!)

__
    Myke

3. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I agree there seems to be quite a bit of unexplored potential there. And, yes... it would be a show stopper if it was landed in combat!

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I was messing with this before the Omaha Gathering (and I tried using it at Omaha), and this is what I came up with:

u/f+K MC -> PK(G) -> d+K+G -> running K

Sweet! Slight angulation probably needed.

ice-9 | Sennin

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I was messing with this before the Omaha Gathering (and I tried using it at Omaha)

..and how effective did you find it? Was anybody/nobody falling for it? Probably a good idea to alternate between the u+P+G backturned throw and the uf+K, and heck, probably all this TT-attacks. There's more to life than just PETE!

The b,b+K (with MC) has good combo potential too. Would anyone like to cut some mpgs? :)

__
    Myke

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It was somewhat effective, but not as a combo starter. Most of the people I played with easily saw it coming and blocked it, but many times they forgot that it was fairly uncounterable. /images/icons/wink.gif

b,b+K as a combo starter works almost exactly like u/b+K...PK(G) and combo.

ice-9 | Sennin

7. Guest

Guest Guest

hey thanks for putting that into phosphor =)

i've been using it for as long as i've used kage, but really only when messing around or playing against opponents i knew i could beat at the end. and i don't think you could do any combos in ob - i found out the pkg kickflip only when i got the tb.

as for ub+K PKG d+K+G slide i'll check that out on the arcade. i suspect it's much easier on the dc.

and yeah, alternating between the kickflip and u+P+G can work..

oh, and that kickflip can EAT (the verb, not the EAT technique) low rising attacks. done it more than a few times. you'll look like THE MAN if you can manage that feat more than once.

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I know I've never done any combos with the TT flipkick starter in ob, however, bb+K was a great combo starter even ob. bb+K, TT PKG, Kickflip was not difficult with a MC even on mid weights such as Akira on flat ground.

It's always nice to see TA and TT moves incorporated into combos - they have great flow and look very cool. ;)

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The timing seems pretty tough though! I usually get hit as my foot is coming down, but I know this works as I pulled it off a couple times. Very, very nice! Almost as impressive as TT u+K, which is just about the most humiliating okizeme Kage has. /images/icons/smile.gif

ice-9 | Sennin

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: BKK Style

It's always nice to see TA and TT moves incorporated into combos - they have great flow and look very cool. ;)

Word! :) OK, now I'm feeling silly, so....

What's the most number of revolutions you can get Kage to do in a single combo? Here are the (my) rules: One revolution is equivalent to a TA-TT sequence, (or TT-TA), or an attack which involves spinning about the y-axis (b+K+G, b+P, DP, etc).

Here's a simple one, works on heavies, flat ground, and has 2 revolutions:
    <pre><font face=courier>TFT -> dash -> TA-P -> TT-P(KG) -> TA-P -> TT-d+K</font></pre>

__
    Myke

11. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I do remember eat the TT kickflip the first day you got here, Jeff. You got the PKG, but missed the regular kicklfip afterwards. After that, I think we all just kinda stood there after the TA from you. :p