Combo movie for Rich!

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by kbcat, Nov 15, 1999.

1. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Here's a combo performed by GodEater, suggested by Rich, uploaded by <font color=#3366ff>kbcat</font>. Enjoy!

Rich-GodEater Kage combo

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Wow! (Note: ~1K reply)

That was sweet! Never occurred to me that the backturned flip-kick had combo potential (after the MC). What else is possible? PKG, DP? PK, running slide?

But I really can't see Rich doing such a high-risk backturned attack like that in a real battle /images/icons/tongue.gif (sorry Rich!)

__
    Myke

3. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I agree there seems to be quite a bit of unexplored potential there. And, yes... it would be a show stopper if it was landed in combat!

cheers,

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" color="#3366ff">kbcat</font>

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I was messing with this before the Omaha Gathering (and I tried using it at Omaha), and this is what I came up with:

u/f+K MC -> PK(G) -> d+K+G -> running K

Sweet! Slight angulation probably needed.

ice-9 | Sennin

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I was messing with this before the Omaha Gathering (and I tried using it at Omaha)

..and how effective did you find it? Was anybody/nobody falling for it? Probably a good idea to alternate between the u+P+G backturned throw and the uf+K, and heck, probably all this TT-attacks. There's more to life than just PETE!

The b,b+K (with MC) has good combo potential too. Would anyone like to cut some mpgs? :)

__
    Myke

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It was somewhat effective, but not as a combo starter. Most of the people I played with easily saw it coming and blocked it, but many times they forgot that it was fairly uncounterable. /images/icons/wink.gif

b,b+K as a combo starter works almost exactly like u/b+K...PK(G) and combo.

ice-9 | Sennin

7. Guest

Guest Guest

hey thanks for putting that into phosphor =)

i've been using it for as long as i've used kage, but really only when messing around or playing against opponents i knew i could beat at the end. and i don't think you could do any combos in ob - i found out the pkg kickflip only when i got the tb.

as for ub+K PKG d+K+G slide i'll check that out on the arcade. i suspect it's much easier on the dc.

and yeah, alternating between the kickflip and u+P+G can work..

oh, and that kickflip can EAT (the verb, not the EAT technique) low rising attacks. done it more than a few times. you'll look like THE MAN if you can manage that feat more than once.

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I know I've never done any combos with the TT flipkick starter in ob, however, bb+K was a great combo starter even ob. bb+K, TT PKG, Kickflip was not difficult with a MC even on mid weights such as Akira on flat ground.

It's always nice to see TA and TT moves incorporated into combos - they have great flow and look very cool. ;)

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The timing seems pretty tough though! I usually get hit as my foot is coming down, but I know this works as I pulled it off a couple times. Very, very nice! Almost as impressive as TT u+K, which is just about the most humiliating okizeme Kage has. /images/icons/smile.gif

ice-9 | Sennin

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: BKK Style

It's always nice to see TA and TT moves incorporated into combos - they have great flow and look very cool. ;)

Word! :) OK, now I'm feeling silly, so....

What's the most number of revolutions you can get Kage to do in a single combo? Here are the (my) rules: One revolution is equivalent to a TA-TT sequence, (or TT-TA), or an attack which involves spinning about the y-axis (b+K+G, b+P, DP, etc).

Here's a simple one, works on heavies, flat ground, and has 2 revolutions:
    <pre><font face=courier>TFT -> dash -> TA-P -> TT-P(KG) -> TA-P -> TT-d+K</font></pre>

__
    Myke

11. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I do remember eat the TT kickflip the first day you got here, Jeff. You got the PKG, but missed the regular kicklfip afterwards. After that, I think we all just kinda stood there after the TA from you. :p