1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Comboproblems with Goh

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Katana0103, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Katana0103

Katana0103 Member

I have again a problem with Goh.
    His second Combo is [4][6][P] , [P] , [2_][6][P]+[K]
    I can´t reconstruct how to enter the last move so fast that I get a succes at this and other combos from Goh.
    I tried to enter [G] for one or a little bit more frames but it was useless. How do you enter the last action [2_][6][P]+[K] ?

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Re: Combo problems with Goh

You need to modify the shoulder ram with a crouch dash. By modifying crouching moves in this way, you can do "from crouching" moves instantly from a standing position in combos.

Basically what you need to know is the commands you want to enter:

[4][6][P] > [P] > [3][3][6][P]+[K]

That's the easiest way to get the combo to connect.

Some people (such as myself) prefer to modify from crouching moves with a backwards crouch dash. So the motion would be,

[1][1][6][P]+[K]

or maybe even,

[1][2][1][6][P]+[K]

(I use the second of these to modify all my moves).

Modifying these moves with crouch dashes is essential to many characters, for example Akira's combo,

[3][3][P] > [P] > [2_][6][P]+[K] > [2_][4][6][P]

would be impossible without using crouch dashes.

Just keep practising.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    If you'r playing from pad instead of stick (judging from fact you are from Germany, it is easilly possible), you can perform FC moves which includes simply [6] (or [4]) command at their end easily as [6][3][2][3][6] or [4][1][2][1][4]

So this combo can by easily performed as [4][6][P], [P], [6][3][2][3][6]+[P]+[K].

Pad only, from stick is this way of performing FC moves pointlessly slow

4. LM_Akira

Why both with so many inputs?

It is easily possible to do a clean crouch dash modifer on a pad or a stick.

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Hmm... From pad I found really much more easier and quicker to perform those moves this way. In real, it is quarter circle from forward to down and then back, which can be done really easy and quickly with your thumb.

6. LM_Akira

Yes, but so can a simple [3][3] motion.

Anyways it's down to personal preference I guess but I would always advise a new player to modify in the "traditional" way rather than confuse them with alternate ways.

7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

[ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:
    I would always advise a new player to modify in the "traditional" way rather than confuse them with alternate ways.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's true; thanx for reminding that it is not neccesary give advices, but learn how to play this game.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Hey, there's nothing wrong with giving advice on techniques. I'm not a pad player, but I imagine that using rolling motions with the thumb would be easier than double tapping a diagonal.

Use whatever works for you.

9. LM_Akira

No, there is nothing wrong with what you're saying or why you're giving advice, I was just pointing out that it's often best to teach a beginner the solid basics of the game first.

If you're new to the game, it's easier to understand that

[3][3] or [1][1]

actually result in your character crouching down into the [2_] position, hence they can understand that you can use this crouch dash to crouch dash into a "from crouching" move.

[6][3][2][3][6]

would be confusing to a new player I'm guessing as it's not clear why you're doing this motion or what it will result in. Each to their own.

10. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

as a pad player it is much easier for me to do 33 than 11 since i have to hit my 1's with the proximal end of my thumb. (1p side), on 2p side, opposite deal. This is actually severely detrimental to my akira play, but doesn't affect much else.

Maybe i should try this modify stuff.

11. Katana0103

Katana0103 Member

O.K. LM_Akira your aplication was very good. But there is a last problem [4][P]+[K],[P],[6][P][P]. I can´t beat my enemy for the last [P]. Is this the same pattern as the crouching for example: [4][P]+[K],[P],[3][6][P][P] ?

12. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

I actually feel too lazy to figure this out right now, but I'm assuming you should input it as:

[4][P]+[K] [6_][P] [6][P][P]

the important part bein the [6_][P], hold forward, then press punch, it gives you added distance, and will allow the last part of the combo to connect.

13. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Either that or it's actually [4][P]+[K], [P], [6]+[P][P], which only works in open stance.

14. LM_Akira

Further to Dandy's comment, I would also advise inputing the the combo as:

[4][P]+[K] > [6_][P][G] > [6][P][P]

It is possible that you're wasting frames in waiting for the jab [P] to recover before following with the beatdown move, so guard cancel it and then enter the [6][P][P] to avoid any kind of delay.

Generally, the only time you need to modify a move with a crouch dash within a combo is when you see a move like [2_][3][P] or [2_][6][P]+[K] or [2_][4][6][P] for example either in the middle or at the end of the combo.

If you're already in a crouching position in the middle of a combo (after doing a [2][P] say) you don't need to modify crouching moves, you can simply do the last part of the moves command.

EXAMPLES:

With Goh, if you do the combo,

[4][P]+[K] > [P] > [P] > [2_][6][P]+[K]

you need to modify the shoulder ram so that it comes out from a standing position.

With Akira, if you do the combo,

[2_][6][P]+[K] > [2][P] > [2_][4][6][P]

you don't need to modify the last move (double palm) as you are already crouched after the low jab. You simply do [4][6][P] and the double palm will come out.