1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete newbie here. (Kouten)

Discussion in 'Kage' started by DeepSouth, Feb 21, 2007.

1. DeepSouth

DeepSouth New Member

I'm having trouble pulling off the Kouten, with roll, then roll back and punch. Any help with this? It seems like no matter how fast I press them it counts as seperate rolls.

Hope I dont confuse anyone with this post...

2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    I presume you're using a pad, cause as far as I heard, on a stick it's no probs.

Anyway, when I first went throug commands of all chars I had the same problem.
    The thing is, just don't focus on your character so much. If you do, then you somehow try to pull out the second half circle as it should look, instead of as it should be done.

If that's not a problem, then just try sliding your thumb (you do use a thumb, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )on the inner part of the "circle", to minimize the distance (;)) you have to go through from one side to the other. Also try to make the pause between the end of one half circle, and begining of the next one as short as possible. In short, to this faster, and don't forget to accurately press P, before starting the second half circle.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, That's just the same problem I had, and that's what I tried.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You must enter (buffer) the next input during the animation of the first roll.

4. DeepSouth

DeepSouth New Member

Thanks for the replies, my problem was I was focusing on pressing the circles, instead of sliding my thumb for it.

Feels good when you get something you been working on.

Thanks again.