1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete translated Version C changes for AKIRA

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Moby, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Short list of changes for Akira, shortest list of them all. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

ABBREVIATIONS
    --------------------------
    FAA = Frame Advantage Adjusted (frame rate for the move has been changed, actual Japanese translation is Freeze Frame Difference Fixed).

f,f,f+P = FAA, opponent suffers less blockstun when blocking this
    FC, b,f+P = double palm damage reduced by 10 to 45
    QCB+P = damage reduced by 7 to 23, is throw-counterable when blocked, opponents cannot TR/QR when hit in mid-air
    d+K = linear attack (easier to dodge now)
    Turn-toward d+P = linear attack (easier to dodge now)
    Turn-toward d+K = linear attack (easier to dodge now)
    Turn-toward K = half-rotation attack (can dodge it in one direction only)
    b,f,f+P+K = bodycheck damage reduced by 15 to 65 (base)
    FC, f+P+K = shoulder ram is linear attack (easier to dodge now), slower punches than Sarah/Pai's punch can counter this now when it's blocked (not specified exactly who can counter now, probably in Blue Book)
    FC, f+P = single palm stumbles but does not knock down in all cases(?)
    f,b+P+G, u or d+P+K = frame rate adjusted in favor of Akira, easier to tack followups onto the reverse bodycheck (such as SDE)

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: Complete translated Version C changes for AKIR

**FC, f+P+K = shoulder ram is linear attack (easier to dodge now), slower punches than Sarah/Pai's punch can counter this now when it's blocked (not specified exactly who can counter now, probably in Blue Book)**

up to heavyweight class - i.e., everyone can P counter now.

> FC, f+P = single palm stumbles but does not knock down in all cases(?)

yes, single palm never knocks down.

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

D,b,f+p has a base damage of around 30 or something in C. on MC it does ~45. 45 is probably the max damage?
    Only case the D,f+p knocks down is after f,b+pg,pk I've seen.
    Qcb+p, bdk seems to cap at 75 on normal hits now. I get 75 all the time, but not one point over. Anyone got higher on NON-MC hits? Come to think of it my Qcb+p beat Andrew's Jacky's high raising attack on Sunday, His expression was pretty funny (it was ver. b we were playing).

4. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Basically any move that does more damage than a rising mid-kick or low sweep will beat said rising kicks if timed right. For example if you want to hit a rising kick with a knee than you have to make sure the hit detection of your knee kinda matches the hit detection of the rising kick. Time it right and you beat the rising kick. For example Kage's f,f+P+K+G has a HUGE hit detection window, and will beat nearly any rising attack easily, but unless you win a the round your are open to TR into combo. Also the f,f+P+K+G just passes over low rising sometimes ;(

Basically slow moves with long hit detection are perfect for MC rising kicks. I have interuppted rising kicks with Kage's FC,f+K, and Kyasao uses stuff like HCB+P with Akira and f+K+G with Jeffry.

Just experiment I suppose.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Kyasao uses stuff like HCB+P with Akira and f+K+G with Jeffry.

That should be QCB+P with Akira, right?

Other character okizeme options? (anyone please comment)
    Sarah's FC,f+KK
    Jacky's b,f+K+G
    Akira's b,f,f+P+K

6. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Re: Oki options

The old standby u+K+G still works like a charm for Sarah. As Aoi, if you're REALLY confident you can u+K+G, but if your timing's off there are obvious problems. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif It's much safer to simply guess and reverse the rising attack, which also has mucho style.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Oki options

Ai Robyrt, I agree. With Sarah I use u+K+G, f+K+G, ff+K, f+K, u+K, df+K+G and TT d+K the most frequent when I'm confident of my yomi and feeling aggressive. It's just I haven't thought of using the rising knee until I saw it mentioned with respect to Kage in this thread... need to try that out =)

And I also agree that the risk/reward of the u+K+G with Aoi is terrible as far as Aoi is concerned. It's way to easy to ream Aoi for a ton of damage if her timing is off, and Aoi will never do enough to justify putting herself in that much danger.