1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Controller converter?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Aghashie, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Aghashie

Aghashie New Member

Hi. I own a Agetec Arcade Dreamcast controller. Did someone sell a PS2 converter?

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Is that the good one? The grey one with green buttons?

I converted one of these for my brother in about an hour aways back and it still works like a dream. Except the select button, which mapped to an odd spot.

1) buy a cheap (madkatz or comparable) ps controller. You are going to use the cord & in/out board from this.

2)pull apart the controller & map where the buttons & joystick directions are located. also there will be a ground band going all around the controller...each button will need a ground & the joystick will need a ground.

3)disconnect the wires from the existing in/out board on the agetec.

4) solder the buttons & joystick directions & ground to the appropriate locations on the el cheapo in/out board.

5)test your buttons & joystick to make sure you did everything correctly and didn't get crappy info from me.

6) Put that puppy back together and rock on.

Unfortunately, if you still wish to use this joystick for your dreamcast games all of this is far from optimum. Maybe there IS a converter out there?

good luck

3. Aghashie

Aghashie New Member

Yep. The grey & green one. The idea to rip it of is too mundane for me cus my sega still work. If a converter is not an option I will try as you say. And were did you wire select button? Thanks.

4. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I wired the select button to one of the 3 panel buttons that wasn't p, k or g. It isn't a huge deal, just a minor annoyance for my bro.