1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cool 200pt Lion combo!

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Mike90210, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Did this on my friend a couple days ago. I wish I could put the replay up but no one I know has the right equipment...anyways people know the backstagger combo from the Strategy Revolution DVD:

any KD, [6][6][K][K],[3][K].[4][3][P],[8][P]
    Well this can be struggled and the opponent would have to block low. If they do this u can do:
    [4][6][K][G],[2][K](immediate [2][K], not the one where u wait)[8][P]
    This should take their whole life or most of it depending on the KD move you use.

I havent been able to try this out since I just discovered it two days ago but Im not sure if [2][K] is guaranteed after you hit with [4][6][K][G].

So the whole combo is(the one I used for 200pt damage):
    [4][P][K](full charge),[6][6][K][K],[3][K],[4][6][K][G],[2][K],[8][P]

Note: This is not possible in training unless u record since the cpu doesnt struggle and turn around. Youll get to [4][6][K][G], but theyll TR the pounce.

Interesting combo but very conditional since no one in around here TRs KD moves.

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Sounds cool I'll give it a try. I think the [2]+[K] after the [4],[6]+[G]+[K] is guaranteed... at least I haven't gotten out of it yet. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

then this is not a combo, just another setup.

Zzz....

/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Mike90210

Well neither is any backstagger "combo". Sorry I just call it that out of habit. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

Cool 200pt Lion setup then...

5. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

oh wow Mike,

sounds incredibly cool, can't wait to see it actually performed. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif <-- me w/ the drool

btw, I think Piccolo is right, the opponent must have been set up....silly opponent. What a guy....to actually allow all that to connect hehe /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Wen

Wen Member

Have you tried throwing in non-guaranteed pounces here and there?

Lion has a pretty good pounce, and this might encourage people to TR a little.

Against a Lion I play against often I find I eat quite a few non-guaranteed pounces, and even more non-guaranteed 3Ps.

Of course, Lion's strong 26P+G / 8KK mixup can be used on people who QR.

7. Mike90210

Ya I do my fair share of non guaranteed pounces. It seems like it hits more often than not even if I do a forward dash first then pounce. Most of the people I play only had only been TRing about 20% of the time until I started doing this.

8. Wen

Wen Member

I saw this interestin Lion combo used by another player in the arcade yesterday.

26P+G, 2P, 46P+K, 3PP, 66, 3P.

Is probably lightweight only; I saw it used against Shun.

Can't remember if the low punch was throw in there, I THINK so, if you can't land the whole combo try going straight from throw to 46P+K.

Very strong, very stylish. Again if the opponent is a poor struggler I think you can sometimes risk a 8P instead of 3P after the slam stun of 3PP.

4 or 5 hits after a throw, who'd have thought. Decent ring-out range too.

9. mysticlycent

mysticlycent Member

I love it, give this a shot, that's what I'm about to do! One of my biggest lion combos was similar, and if this works you could add a lil more on to the end, [4][6][K]+[G],[2]+[K] is definately guarenteed! I follow that with [2]+[K],[6][6]+[K][K],[8][P]. He'll do the spin around kick, backwards low kick, then a guarenteed spin around low kick, (here the bounce combo begins) and then the double jump kick, and the pounce is guarenteed as well. This is a very nasty combo with out the KD [6][6]+[K][K],[3]+[K]. So now with your insight, I'm going to try to put this all together. (PS2 version, and we commonly play vs. on 400 life.)

10. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Nothing is guarantted against [4][6][K]+[G] except Lion getting thrown from behind when it's bloxed. Of coure most people don't try this, b/c it's not guaranteed if you attach the kick or the punches, and nobody wants to get jacked like that.

This is a better combo for versus:
    [4][6][K]+[G][6][P][P] Try it out

11. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I saw this interestin Lion combo used by another player in the arcade yesterday.

26P+G, 2P, 46P+K, 3PP, 66, 3P.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this combo is quite awesome, but I find it hard to connect with the [3_]+[P],[P].The first LP is OTB and timing is not so easy
    and then I think u have to HOLD [3_] during the execution of [4][6]+[P]+[K], for the [3_]+[P],[P] to execute and even then it sometimes doesn't connect. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif
    I don't know if there is stance requirement there, I have yet to dig this a bit because I don't know if the flip kick throw always leave u in the same stance or is it relative to the stance u had before the throw, or maybe that's just my execution taht sucks.
    Anyway this combo is god for show but I would stick to the gold old [4][6]+ [K]+[G] followup if it's the end of the round and the match depends on it.

12. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

What's KD?

Couldn't find anything inherently obvious in the command list faq.

13. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

KD stands for crumple down

14. 6GReplayS

6GReplayS Member

Wow, these combos are great!~
    I have just started Lion so I can use this as a major resource. Thanks!~

15. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

wow, its cool, but if you make one mistake ...