1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Daredevil + Pheonix Ranks

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by XtremeGOH, Sep 21, 2003.

1. XtremeGOH

XtremeGOH New Member

I Heard in this Guide on Gamefaqs.com In the Ranking System there was 2 ranks We Couldn't Get.
    Daredevil and Pheonix Ranks.

The Daredevil Rank is someone Named Napoleon Who Uses Jack and Pheonix Rank is someone Named Oshu Akira Who uses Akira.

Please Reply if you Faced These 2 and how you Face them Thanks

Wink Wink I'm a Newbie

2. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly, they both can be found in the last arcade (east) in the quest mode.

3. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

they are special characters. you can probally meet them in last 3 arcades or in W.M.A.C.II.

4. FuSionX

FuSionX Member

Might as well mention this now:

Daredevil = Ohsu Akira
    Phoenix = Napolean

You had them switched around... /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

I met them both in the last arcade. Does anyone know which arcade Bunbunmaru is in? hes the only player missing from my list

6. PGhacker

PGhacker Well-Known Member

Bunbunmaru is in the second last arcade.

Just on the side note : You can get yer character to Phoenix or Daredevil rank by using gameshark

7. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Alrighty, thanks

8. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Actually you can face BunBunMaru anywhere there is champion titled opponents.

9. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

What Sega-AM2 should have done is include the top 7 people from the VF4: evo tournament they held, give them really tough A.I., and give them really cool sounding ranks beyond champion. Then, if you beat them, you can obtain their ranks. It would be really cool if they let you fight them tournament style, I've always wanted to fight Chibita, even if it is only an A.I.

10. vf4jason

vf4jason Member

Hey guys I fought them in the last arcade managed to beat Jacky but not Akira just yet.

11. PGhacker

PGhacker Well-Known Member

i fought chibita yesterday.. it was kinda dissapointing..
    he was beaten easily.. i met some other protector ranked AI tougher tha him

12. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

yeah he is easy, I beat him just by sidestepping and evade attacking and i doubt the real chibita would fall for that.Seriously, next VF , there better be one super acrde only filled with mega tough oppenents like Chibita and Ryan Harts Kage and all the guys that kickass, cause these AI were a little dissapointing sometimes.

13. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

I wonder why Akio, Shigeo and Makunouchi aren´t participating in WMACII?

14. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    PGhacker said:

i fought chibita yesterday.. it was kinda dissapointing..
    he was beaten easily.. i met some other protector ranked AI tougher tha him

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on character you play as. Chibita AI might be a bit crap, but so is Kurita´s and Sorry Shun´s. Honestly, I am still waiting that we are going to get that "hard" difficulty level in the game. Has anyone beaten ALL AI:s in Quest mode? I thought so. I hope Sega had some spirit in this one... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Ive nearly beaten all AIs, just a few i have to find in arcade 4 or so...big pain in the ass, but hey, 100% quest mode = Virtua Fighter 1 Mode

16. The_DES

The_DES New Member

<font color="white"> Are you playing in beginner mode? </font>

17. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

The AI is pretty challenging in the game, provided you turn off Easy difficulty.

I haven't been able to cheese a victory since I turned it off. No Evade->Evade Attack victories, or anything really easily repeatable to take a win.

And I'm still on Arcade 5. I can only imagine that the AIs get MUCH tougher up there.

18. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

If you spend a couple of hours in training mode (trial, tactic advice, challenge, blah blah blah, then practice) and actually apply the skills you learn from there in a real match, you'll find yourself at ease when up against most A.I.s.

19. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

dunno why napoleon is phonex???? /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif, his A.I. sucks compared to some other jacky a.i.'s in quest mode, and they aren't even champions!

20. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

evade attacks shouldn't be abused, seriouly they're like everthing counterable (guarnteed hit, throw ..................................