1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with Noob's tactics: spamming P(2P)->Throw

Discussion in 'Goh' started by SUGATA, Jun 7, 2008.

1. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    1)Many beginners fighters use this "fighting style":
    2P or P spamming, then standing Throw(for ex. Wolf's GS)...What is the BEST tactics against this?
    My choice:
    1.I am at 0 or > adv - (If not too close-whiff P and 2P) 4_P+K or 4P+K(up to combo over 70 dmg).

2.I am at Mid disadv(-4-6) - Fuzzy Guard.

3.I am at -11 or > - use 43P+K (whiff P, Throw, sabaki 2P)...(fast recovery), then to follow-up.

2)If opponent have adapted, and beginning to use "guess game":Mid strike(punch) or throw...
    My choice:
    1.I am at Mid disadv(-4-6) - Fuzzy Guard.

2.I am at -11 or > - use 3P+K (sabaki Mid punch, elbow, and crushed Throw as strike)...mid and large adv. allow to follow-up.

3)Dealing with spamming 2P:
    1.I am at +5(block 2P):
    -3P(stagger)...follow-up.
    -6K(gut collapse at MC)...follow-up.
    -6P+K,P (is Canned string=50dmg at MC).

2.I am at 0 or > adv :
    -OM,P (heavy stagger)...follow-up(6P+K,P; 46P->combo; P,K into BT).
    -Back Dash (whiff 2P)...follow-up (K; (G)3P; 43P+K; 46K+G(Head collapse as sp.H)->combo).
    -(If not too close-whiff P and 2P) 4_P+K or 4P+K(up to combo over 70 dmg).

3.I am at -11 or > :
    -43P+K(sabaki)...follow-up.
    -DM, mix(because after -9 disadv. opponent can blocked your P+K): P+K or Standing Throw.

What is your choiсe, friends?

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Re: Dealing with Noob's tactics: spamming P(2P)->T

If you can predict the lowpunch..

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif I guess.. ^^

3. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS

Oh, Yes, that's great (73dmg guaranteed for 2P attempt)!

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Block the low punch/punch then fuzzy guard.... then throw them back lol. If your opponent realises you're doing this and starts to attack after the low punch/punch or does another, block the first punch then go for a fast mid for a counter hit.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

If their low punch hits and they tend to do tick-throws, then easiest option is to lowpunch them back, and followup with good mid. Unfortunately lowpunching them back may sometimes look bit like spam but its effective in the long run..

6. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

why not use a nice launcher that doesn't clash? I mean if they decide to attack you'll get counterhit the same anyways so why not go for a more rewarding move?

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

well low punch wont be interrupted by a high punch or other high move and it doesnt clash. I know theres better options but thats a starting point.

8. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

I agree, (blocked low punch) low punching back is the best answer... It deals with the throw and beats another low punch (or most other attacks) by them... Beyond that, it's your fastest attack to hit them low so at a small adv. it's your move that beats the most of their options. If you know they are looking for a throw, you beat it, and if they do anything else you beat it because you've got some +(positive) frames.

I feel like most of the options listed above are more of defensive gambles to just rape them for low punching. If you "know" they will low punch then yes, sabaki it. My suggestion of low punching back is for after blocking a low punch or if they are mixing it up pretty well.

However, here is my warning[/size], some players will throw a low punch at you to get you to do one back so they can "F" you up with a combo like the one listed in Manji's post. Any character with a good 2p crushing move can hurt you this way so be careful as always.

I played the most disgusting "2p spam" Wolf I've ever seen on XBL yesterday.

He would duck and throw 5 2p's (even if I wasn't close to him) or try to throw one 2p and then do his P+G throw. Suffice to say, he got owned like a $20 dollar hoe but it was some of the ugliest, butt-ass play I've ever seen...

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

SDE, imo!

...Only cause I can't combo from a low punch /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif won't connect everytime you do a low punch cut. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I first saw this in a video and I would try and it would get blocked most of the time and I didn't know why. I then would try landing a Basara and on some occasions it would get blocked too.

If you check the notes on the command list it reads for the properties: The earlier the input of Yamibarai in relation to the opponents attack, the greater the frame advantage after successful sabaki.

The frame advantage from LPC can be from +16-27 frames. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif comes out in 24 frames. First hit of Basara is 20 frames. If you look at it as an average the kick won't land as much.

11. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

33p is a nice scrubby way also then if you have trouble with Basara after 43p+k against 2p. It's actually one frame faster then Basara also. If Goh thinks of 2p>throw he should probably do 9k+g>PK, not 2p back. Goh has one of the best RN moves in the game and should use it.

If you're really strong you can / should do ETEG of 2p/p hits. Other then that you can shut down some options with his sabaki's in regards to attack/throw situation after 2p hit. For instance facing a Kage / Lion doing 2p > 2_3p or throw use 3p+k. Against a Wolf use knee sabaki (if he goes for that often),.. you get the point.

12. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS

Making more precise:
    9K+G is usefull only against Throw attempts(because: unclashed , stgr on Hit), But is no use as P/2P-crush even at mid adv(P/2P faster; and 9K+G is not Sp.H to crush 2P). Very sad=((...I am fan of this move especially when continued by "Suki da tuya"(BT P+G).
    And , Yes, Kirin(33P) is very good option after Sabaki(by 43P+K) 2P (much easy(faster by 6fr) then 46K+G), but less dividents.

13. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

I would consider 2p back at him, pause still crouching SHRM. Most of the idiots will try a counterattack after the shoulder,
    they just dont get it.

14. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman

Noobs don't understand game mechanics. They just want to hit you. You have to make them realize that you have the advantage. You should try and beat them using shenanigans in the first round. Something high damage and silly...

Then you should note what their spammy style consists of. If they NEVER stop attacking, then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif them about 6-7 times in a row. Eventually they'll block. once you see that, throw them immediately. They cannot be made to feel safe at all. They may not continue to block much anymore, but if they SEE that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif again, there is a good chance they will freeze up again. It took me a while to really get the mentality of someone that doesn't know what they're doing. They don't really play random. They have a clear mindset, but they just don't know what to do with the tools they've been given.

You can also substitute /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Either way you just need to spam it a bunch of times in a row to get them thinking about defense. Don't believe me? Try it yourself! XD

15. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

just do shrm shrm shrm shrm shrm shrm shrm

16. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Wow, oooold thread.

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Low punch->throw is FOREVER!

18. smb

smb Well-Known Member

I just thought its workth mentioning, 2p throw, and p throw are not entirely noob strategies. unless beatabow, happy friend, and gentleman thief, and yummy dango are all noobs. they all use it to maximum efficency.

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Its not noob tactics. Its perfectly valid nitaku most of the time, as long as you remember to mix with lowpunch->midattack and stuff too. Reason why people have trouble with this tactic in the first place is because its a valid tactic..

(and remember that the situation is different if your lowpunch got blocked!)

20. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

It'll rape you if you don't recognize nitaku and can't react. It then doesn't matter what character in the game, they use on you, because everyone has this.

Do a non clashable next time if you get counter hit, or use a big move on normal hit. This would be a strong choice vs the throw option.

If you're sure a mid is coming, sidestep(the correct way) and strike fast.

If you're unsure, use ETE/ETEG.