1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know the resolution and update rate for VF5?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by TechnicalMonkey, Jan 11, 2006.

1. I am curious as to what kind of setup to capture videos of VF5 directly being widescreen and all. I know that there is pro gear that can capture 720/60p and 1080/60i. What if this game is a higher resolution? Does anyone know any information relating to this?

2. Luddie

Luddie Well-Known Member

I'd say at least 720p/60Hz

3. Is there anyone that can back up Luddie on this?

4. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

well judging from those new plasma displays i'd say it's 720p, or 1080p judging from the hefty price tag on the lindbergh, if anything, the update rate is either 60 or 120 Hz, but it's deffinitely progressive scan

5. eeek... 720/120p would be a 90kHz scanrate, and 1080/60p would be 66kHz. 1080/120p is just too much at 132kHz. Anyone have links to places that could make such a fast monitor.

I also don't think that it will be in plasma, since it's notoriously laggy for video games. LCD and CRT would be only options that are fast enough at the moment.

If anyone can find a link on any info regarding the update-rate/scan-rate of VF5 or of a monitor that is large, wide, and can do those rates, please post. I think this will give us all insight on the type of hardware we are looking to get in the future.

Thank You

6. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Well, from Sega's press release about the specs, it's essentially a PC featuring 1 analog and 2 dvi outputs, each capable of displaying different pictures at different resolutions. So most likely you will be able to change the resolution and refresh rate.

Judging from the different versions of HotD4 out now in the arcades (different screen sizes), i'm willing to bet that Lindbergh will run in the same res as most high end PC nVidia gfx cards.

7. So come tourney time, which screen size/resolution will be considered standard. I don't people really talking about this, but it does affect the game to a degree.

Btw what was the highest standard used in HotD4? Those guns must have some nice optics for high res, high refresh.

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

60fps, 720p

FACT

9. [ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

60fps, 720p

FACT

[/ QUOTE ]

What was fact? VF5, HotD4, or the Gun all at 720/60p?

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

11. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

No link needed.

Read next months EGM(releases end of February).
    Nice lil interview with Kataoka there as well as brand new pics of VF5.