1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does VF4 have 8WR?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does VF4 have an eight-way-run movement system like Soul Calibur?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm sorry I should elaborate a bit... I've only played SC a few times but I understand that to sidestep a move requires a double tap, I think, to enter 8WR from standard linear movement. Is this how VF4 works?

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sort of but not really. And you mean does it have an "8WR" system like Tobal.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I never played Tobal, sorry. What I mean by 8WR is that by holding the joystick in a certain direction causes the character to smoothly move in that direction just as if they were dashing linearly. With SC for instance.. the system allows for making square paths or figure eights or encircling an opponent etc. Will VF4's 3D movement system allow for easy 3D movement like SC, or is it just the VF3 evasion system without the E button needed to engage in a sidestep?

Thanks

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

yes you can smoothly walk side ways up and down... tapping up or down quickly is just like the evade button.... from playing the test version there isn't any big jumps and you can still do the short jump attacks and obviously jump on your opponent

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Whoever is asking, the 8wr system was created by the Dreamfactory team that created the Tobal series. Tobal movement and Soul Calibur movement is almost the same. Back to the subject, no, VF4 does not run on a 8 directional movement found in SC and Tobal 2.

7. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

oops...... well in my reply i meant that you can just walk around and to quickly side step you just tap up or down.. but yea i didn't know if it was the same 8wr or whatever..

8. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Yeah I can remeber the first time I played tobal so long ago. I couldn't help but, feel their moves had a Vf familiarity plus the ring outs. Then later I read in a gamefan issue that a few of the designers of the game had previously worked on Vf2. I look back in my books to verify. It was just something that I made myself remember. Kinda funny though tobal is the second poly fighter I actually like as much as vf. Especially tobal 2. Good soundtrack btw (Toridon! Aqua and trees etc...).

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

People!@ Why do y'all have to spam up the board with 34234 posts on a "Yes or No" question?! ArrggghhhHHHH ...

Hey did you guys know I have a kitten? She's so cute. She'll like hide behind the entertainment center and chase the guinea pig around. And this one time, they were both running and the pig ran into the glass door of the entertainment center, and then a second later the kitten did too! It was soooo funny! blahh bah blahbl ah blahb lhsahddkfggh

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Questioned was answered. I just had more to say. You don't have to get all butt hurt about it.

Kiuju Ze ONi

11. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Yeah! What he said!!

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I will slay you all with my neo nimbu attack.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>