1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

eileen spacing

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

So I was playing last night against sebo and jerky and I found it really hard to deal with them spacing/standing just outside my effectiveness range. When I'd use her long range moves their move would win and if I just dashed in they'd hit me out of the move I was about to do. Anyone have some food for thought?

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    No, you weren't. (I will never touch online, any other "Sebo" is a doppleganger)
    -----

Just use her broken /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to duck under all highs and even some mids.

Use her overpowered "stance," /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, and everything from it as well.

If you can't get in close with Eileen, you're not aggressive enough.

3. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

You can always guard an attack or string to regain advantage against spacers and then start in with PP6P strings, etc, which should be more than enough to get you in close again and ready to pressure with Zenk.

You can also try stuff like fake rush down > 3K+G or the (somewhat risky) 66P from distance. Also, whiff punish their distanced attacks with 6K. 6PKG > K can also cover crazy space but it leaves you at -8, so use warily.

Personally, I like to start off rounds with PP6P (until opponent adjusts) to ensure the pressure begins right from the gate. Once they start back dashing, you can dash in and throw; if they try to step right away, K+G into BT mid/low games.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Not everything, mainly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Hey dustin just to tell you, a good strategy against backdashing at the begining of the round is to use a backdash killing move, most characters have at least one.

Dash in throw is a bit risky because of RN being possible with those space variables.

If I know someone is going to backdash I use Sarah /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif cause it will always kill backdash and it's safe for the most part.

I'm almost certain Eileen has some move like that probably /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or something to that effect. Try it out! Backdash can't be /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif out of till 21 frames.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. Tricky

oh sry dude I must've confused someone else for your gamertag. Who's xbl: lowsweep again?

I'll try these out and tell ya'll how it pans out

7. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

Low Sweep = the PA player (he's on VFDC as Low_Sweep)

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I think i may be at the same point as Tricky was when he originally posted. I seem to have plateaued with Eileen and i see how i close range(or don't) as a big part of this. Jacky's 46KG is a particularly big problem for me. Any more advice a year down the line?

9. Tricky

Back then my defense was pretty shitty which was a large factor to why I kept getting beat out. Also not realizing that when I block a big move sometimes I get guaranteed dmg to hit them back with. I'm fairly sure 46K+G when blocked is -8 for jacky so you have a nitaku situation for yourself there.

Learning nitaku's really helped a lot, and knowing that ETEGing in reaction to a nitaku is powerful forcing your opponent to use other tactics.

10. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

If you block Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif you can punish with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

11. Tricky

learning your distance closing moves helped a lot. 66P is my best friend now that I know it's max range and can predict when my opponent is going to try to long distance attack me.

12. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Heh, my other big problem is my defence, by which i mean my complete lack of one. I'm really starting to get found out against better players.
    I'm trying to learn to ETEG properly which i suppose will increase my options at range, but i looks like my best bet will be to simply be patient an try and out think my opponent. I'll have to remember to mix in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif as lots of Jackys will evade after a blocked /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif . Also more /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to catch people backing away.

Lots to think about and practice

13. Tricky

66P also works well for catching back walkers but not as good as 46P does. Just learn all your moves that leave you at -8 and start practicing ETEG's for all directions of throws and in different throw attempt orders. After a while it comes as second nature. Once eteg is a staple and your opponent knows they can't just expect to hit you with a linear attack/throw at -8 then they're forced to use delay attacks or circulars which open the door for you to smack them in the face.

One thing I didn't figure out for a while when i first got good at ETEG's is to NOT ETEG if your opponent is just standing there blocking all the time, or is not reacting fast enough post blocking my moves. They're opening themselves up for you to either attack again or throw them which next time the same situation comes about they're more likely to attack leading to a successful ETEG.

Being able to play at -8 and up frames are the most fun parts of the game to me.

14. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

It's -15

15. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Don't forget about /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. Although you have to watch out for people who duck, generally speaking this is a awesome move to use against people who always try to beat you out or sidestep when you rush them down. It really keeps them guessing. I also didn't realize this when I first started using it, but in addition to the standard /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif string, all her other standard mix-ups are available after this move as well.

16. Tricky

don't forget it's half circular you need to know which direction your opponent is going

17. Xzyx987X

That's true. I've met a few opponents who could even read my stance and evade the move consistently. In those cases I achieved moderate success by mixing it up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and various delay tactics. As a rule people who are expecting /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif will get caught off guard by /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif a lot more often.

18. Tricky

someone expecting 6K+G should swat you out the sky for a nice combo, but beyond that I like using 66P as a long distance delay attack or 3K+G which when mixed up with each other gets into people's heads pretty bad as 66P on CH leads to huge dmg

19. Xzyx987X

Ah, but if you space it right they will have to move toward you in order to do that. And as soon as they are moving toward you, they aren't spacing you anymore. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Now that you have your opponent looking for an opportinity to move toward you, the opportunities to fake them out are endless. You would be suprised though, how many turtlers are unwilling to do that under any circumstances. But for those guys you can screw them with the move all day long.

20. Tricky

I guess you're right that if you space it right they have to move toward to hit you before the action frames. I still think it's too slow a move in that it's easy to react to it at the drop of a hat, specially if you're turtling. I like 4K+G and 4K the most for stoping stepping.