1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

El Blaze Final Showdown Prep

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by 001, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

this thread is to help familiarize blaze's new movelist in vf5 final showdown. basically all the moves in fs that are not in vanilla ver.c and whatever changes i could think of

i was able to play the game at this past event at southtown arcade and tried to make a point to land as many new moves from the master guide since for me it was hard for me to watch japanese blaze vids and actually put a name to the moves i was watching and when communicating with others its hard to understand eachother because not everyone pays attention to the actual names of moves but players more often understand the motion of inputs.

the following is a list of inputs of blaze's new moves and a brief description of what the attack does.

the list is not complete but i'm hoping it will help everyone to understand what they are watching when watching fs blaze do his thing. sorry if this is all old news to some of you.

NEW MOVES NOT IN VER. C

ppk - jab, jab into jumping knee (HHM) new mixup option for standing p series string. blow up their ducking if you suspect them to duck a 3rd standing p.

kkk - kick kick kick (HMH) this is the ender most players use after getting a 2p+k bound/backflop

3p+k on hit p+g - low rising punch into hit throw (M) can RD after throw looks like blaze drops down and does an uppercut to the nuts into a followup throw

1p+k - steps back into a slashing forward backfist/backslap? (M) floats opponent for combo opportunity and looks like it can be used to make opponent whiff an attack if you space it correctly since it moves back then immediately forward

43k+g on hit p+g - high kick hit throw (H) kind've like his 3k+g kick

p+k+gp+k - sabaki into face spit/mist that breaks high guard (H)

9/3p+k+g - evading shuffle that moves up or down, blaze does like a little dance and evades up or down

9/3p+k+gp on hit p+g - evading mid punch into hit throw (M) does the dance and like a mid punch that kinda looks like 6p and a throw that starts out like handsome scratch rush

9/3p+k+gk - evading mid kick that looks exactly like his old dmpk (M) can RD after hit

7p+k+g - jumps back into wall or can RD if not close to wall upon landing, has some followups like a splash and low drop kick i think

from RD k - stops in his tracks and does a standing knee

from RD 9k+g - sommersault flip kick (M)

from RD 9k+gp - jumping elbow after sommersault (M) can get a combo opportunity after

from RD 9k+gk - drop kick after sommersault (H) can RD after hit

backturn K on hit p+G - donkey kick hit throw (M) the throw seems like it is to replace the damage you would have got from a ver. c crumple since in fs there is no crumple on counter hit

FROM VER. C BUT NEW INPUTS IN FS

while rising K is now 6K+G (volcano knee)

6k+g is now 9k+g (jumping savate)

3p+kpk is now 3ppk (short upper combo)

from RD k is now RD 9k

MOVES FROM VER.C NOT IN FS

3p body blow (input became the old 3p+k) this was the old 14f elbow class but new 14f elbow is 6p so get used to using that instead

9p jumping useless punch

i'll add more if i can think of anything else

remember this is a work in progress!!!

2. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    I wouldnt call 9p useless. It certainly has limited use however if you manage to hit an opponent with this move while they are performing a rising low sweep you can get a decent bounce combo afterwards although it is risky.

In any case thanks for posting this and props for repping El Blaze at the South Town Arcade tourney.

3. Rambler

Rambler Member

Is there something wrong with this guy in Final Showdown? You rarely see him in videos.

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    The quod of bottle walks alongside him.

5. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong at all with him, in fact, I'd say he's been improved heaps in FS. It's probably just some people don't main him as often as others, just like Lei-Fei.

6. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Agreed, Blaze looks really good.

He's had a ton of tweaks since ver. C -- including changes from ver. D, and maybe even E and VF5R as well. For example, how they lowered the jumping hammer fist to counter 2P more effectively. But that's just one of many.

I can't wait to take Blaze for a spin in FS!

7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/elblaze/

A japanes blog from a Japanese El Blaze player. Been in my favorites for awhile thought I would share for those that can read japanese.

Delicious Wall Combo #1

Delicious Wall Combo #2...DONE IN VF5FS VER.B!!!

Disclaimer: There is no FS ver.B....

8. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

El Blaze P+KPP. Is it a full three hit chain on counter hit?