1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Esoteric VF5US Changes

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Sebo, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Allegedly US, aside from the visuals, is supposed to be a 1-to-1 copy of FS. This seems impossible but even some weird shit has been ported over (Jeffry [P][P][P] losing to Eileen's [6][P] in open stance).

But if you find anything post it here.

I'll start with one I found, in FS after landing Aoi's [4][6][P][+][G], it was possible for Aoi's [4][K][+][G] to CH Jean's rising mid kick (despite being only 20 damage?!). In US I still haven't found the window for CH (if it is still possible), but it's more likely for both kicks to whiff through each other.

Zekiel and Dreamboat like this.
  2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Taco stage for lion is smaller to wall stagger.
    41236p>3k(ch)>p(stagger!)
    Successful evade 1k+g,p(stagger!)

Also, I found the Jeff’s step canceling feels slower or more recovery.

WolfKing and Zekiel like this.
  3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    Zekiel likes this.
  4. Gibon

Gibon Well-Known Member

I doubt there are any changes. You might be just misremembering or doing something off on the different controller.

If they ported the animations, hit boxes and frame data 1:1, it will play the same, despite the diffrent graphics engine.

5. Tricky

Jed was telling me in my chat they are unable to OM around rising wakeup attacks anymore and it's something he used to pull off consistently. So there are def engine quirks that didn't make it over.

Sebo likes this.
  6. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    They removed the scrolling 'Excitment and invigorment is offered to all men' text from Blaze's stage :mad:

Gibon, Dreamboat and complexz like this.
  7. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Never did this in FS but I got it work sometimes in US. Seems to work better on close stance

8. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    I'm still able to do that with Jacky [P][+][G]. ... weird.

Tricky likes this.
  9. Tricky

Maybe some are gone and not others?

Zekiel likes this.