1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evade Punish Vanessa's Strings

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Tricky, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Evading & Punishing Vanessa Strings

OS PP based strings, beware of her delaying if there is another hit in the string, she can track you if she does. Otherwise you’re safe to hit buttons. You can double evade and get a 15f back hitting mCH or 16f side crumple if she does that in most cases. Also can get a 17f launch after a double evade in this situation. I’ll write (beware delay) when applicable and annotate exceptions.

OS KP4P (if she delays the last P, so take this placement with grain of salt. You are jailed otherwise)
    OS 6KKP4P(if she delays the last P, so take this placement with grain of salt. You are jailed otherwise)
    OS 2KP4P(if she delays the last P, so take this placement with grain of salt. You are jailed otherwise)

+2

OS PPP
    OS 6KKP (if she delays you get guaranteed damage, but it depends on how much)
    Test after evade if vane does 2P, Eileen’s 17F move MCH and her 18F move gets beat.

+4

DS P+KP
    OS PP6P

Test after evade if vane does 2P, Eileen’s 19F move MCH and her 21F move gets beat.

+5

OS 2KP (if she does followup you get 11f punishes)

Test after evade if vane does P, Eileen’s 20F move MCH and her 21F move gets beat.

+6

DS PK

Test after evade if vane does 2P a Eileen’s 21f move MCH’s her 24f move gets beat.

+11

DS 66PP (it based on how much delay she puts between the Punches, not reliable punish but it’s there if she’s delaying it too much. You are in blockstun if she doesn’t delay at all)
    DS 46KP
    OS PPPP
    OS PP6PP (beware delays)
    OS 6PP (beware delays if evaded to vane’s back)
    OS OS 6KK (beware delays)

+12

DS PP (her K follow-up can hit you if she delays it 2P punish recommended)
    3KK intruder step cancel

+13

DS 6PK (Her mid K follow-up can hit you if she does not delay, you can double evade and get a 15f back hitting mCH or 16f side crumple if she does that)
    OS KP (beware followups use 2P punish to protect against delay followups)
    OS KPK
    OS 6KKPK
    OS 2KPK (if you duck her P then evade you get 17f punish)
    OS P+KP (iffy move since you are jailed if no delay is done. Take this punish with grain of salt)

+14

OS 3P+KK

+15

OS 4PK (use long range punish if she’s going into Intruder stance K to run away If only Intruder stance is entered you get BT 15f punish)

+16

DS 6P3K
    46PK

+17

OS PP6PPK
    OS 6PPK
    OS KPP
    OS 3KK intruder step (only if you evaded to the wrong way and you used ECD)

+20

OS 6PK
    OS 66KP
    OS 3KK (beware intruder step if canceled early you will failed evade)

+21

DS 6PPK
    OS PP6PK
    OS PPK

+24

DS PPK

Vanessa exposed #FCheffy #WithLove and always #FGT

no_w_h_ere, Chefboy_OB and complexz like this.
  2. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    "VANESSA EXPOSED !!! Kage is NEXT! "
    don't do it! leave kage alone you monster!

.... but nice info thanks:)

Tricky likes this.
  3. Tricky

I was debating between kage and Lau. They both have strings I'd prefer to understand better.

4. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    I don't suppose there's any chance of you doing this for Eileen's strings, haha. How are you testing this, by evading during parts of the string and using attacks with different start up to determine the advantage?

5. Tricky

To your question about eileen, that'll be last to go up unless someone beats me to it. All I do is evade during the first available frame and see what startup exe move I can land as a minor CH. For stuff that's less than 11exe I have to use some math to test out the adv. For strings that would jail you if there is no delay i have to delay those strings which can make the punishment frames kinda iffy, but I list those cases out. They're not many.

6. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Vanessa is still gonna get in dat ass doe. No amount of knowledge or tech will stop this onslaught!

Ellis likes this.
  7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No need to do Eileen. It's nearly all launch punishable :(

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Tricky, how does one read the list? You have the following format:

+frames
    String

Do the frames denote how much advantage you have if you successfully evade the last hit in the string? And what's MCH? :)

9. Tricky

Yes just as you said. That's the frame exe of the attack you can use to punish the last hit on evade and still get a mCH against a vane who is trying to block.

MCH is major counter hit. mCH is minor CH.

10. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Typo?

EDIT: OK. But i still don't know how to read this list :(

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  11. Tricky

the open bracket yeah. I was going to say (beware evade) but forgot to delete the (.

12. RafaelLew

RafaelLew Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    This is good stuff.