1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

evade throw escape guard in training need some advice.

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by steve, Feb 1, 2004.

1. steve

steve Active Member

my timing is a little out for the throw escape guard in the training exercise.
    i can evade alright guard but when the AI character grabs me for a throw i fail to TE.
    i know my timing out but i cant seem to get it down with out display type B.
    is there anyway i get round this little snag.
    in free training i got down the knee with type B.
    but i just cant get a feel for this.
    thanks for any advice.

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

You're worrying too much about the evade sequence. Tap it and let the commands rip. In other words your commands are being inputted too slowly.

Another thing to consider is the recovery from which moves you're using. (some give you more recovery time to input commands)

3. steve

steve Active Member

jerky i got it down now
    i looking now to go for edteg any tips?

4. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Focus on the two most important throws you need to escape vs a character and practice that. It's something learned over time and will eventually build into your reflexes. As you get better start to think about certain situations where you'll want to escape differently (am I near a wall? I have minimal life, will he p+g me??, etc.)