1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evo 2013

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by .42., Jun 26, 2013.

1. .42.

.42. Member

Is there going to be a side tournament at Evo this year?

2. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I thought Evo was over? I could be wrong.

Jide and Daydream like this.
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Lol no it is not :D

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

There will be a few players there, that play VF as well. I imagine most are hitting up NYG8 or Sega Cup Europe, though.

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I hope to book my flight real soon. I'm not competing in anything but wouldn't mind running a VF side tourney.

Evo '13 is July 12-14.

cobratron likes this.
  6. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

i'm thinking of maybe going.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I booked a room at Bally's starting on the 11th last Thursday.

cobratron likes this.
  8. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Man, time flies! It feels like EVO just happened a little over a few months ago.

9. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    If you ran a VF side tournament, I would play in it... as long as it's not on Friday; I'll be too busy with running stuff then. I'll also have a LGP on me so I'll at least be able to record the matches.

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Well, my flight is confirmed and will arrive on Thursday night. Most likely will run casuals in my room if possible.

11. .42.

.42. Member

Do you have a twitter account or something where you will get the word out?

12. cobratron

Ok I'm really considering going now. I'm checking on rooms and flights and if I go would be heading out early Friday evening.

13. soakrates

soakrates Well-Known Member

I'm at Bally's too. Definitely post up here if you'll be hosting casuals!

cobratron likes this.
  14. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    You should. l would if i were you. Could be fun

cobratron likes this.
  15. AyuFanb0y

AyuFanb0y Well-Known Member

Does anyone plan on playing casuals at the Evo Ballroom? I haven't really played since Sega Cup, but I'm definitely up for playing offline.

cobratron likes this.
  16. cobratron

I'm going for sure. I'll be staying at Bally's too. And I'll have a few setups with me.

17. .42.

.42. Member

I'll be there but I am at step one of this game so I won't be much of a challenge to most of you.

Are you from Vancouver too?

18. cobratron

i cancelled. I just found out spectators passes are sold out. Last year I had one thst allowed me into the ballroom on sunday for the Finals but this year you need one to get in all 3 days. You also need this pass to enter the BYOC area as well as the panels on Friday and Saturday. It be a waste of money to go there and still have to watch the event from my hotel room. Playing casuals would have been the main reason but thats alot of money to spend for just casuals. Thanks alot EVO staff for making it a hassle to go last minute. :mad:

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  19. bpack12

bpack12 Member

PSN:
    bpack1
    XBL:
    bpack12
    My flight gets in around 9:00 tonight. I haven't played vf in while but I would like to get some games in.

20. soakrates

soakrates Well-Known Member

My flight arrives just after 5pm but I probably won't get to my hotel until around 5:30. Down to play some games tonight though for sure.