1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

evo2k7 site up

Discussion in 'General' started by 001, Feb 10, 2007.

1. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

http://www.evo2k.com

hopefully vf5 is one of the games and some of you virtua fighter pros from this site can show em how it's done.

2. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

If they will have VF5 at evo, they'll probably save it for last and try to announce it on/just before the American release date of February 20.

At least, that's how I would announce it.

3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

If they do have VF5 at EVO we have to get cracking now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

100+ or bust!

4. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    My hope and dream is that with VF5 coming to the Xbox 360 in the near future, that it replaces DoA4 as the mainstream "nextgen" fighter.

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

First two games are up!

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Kind of obvious choices. But from what I get, this might be the outcome for the rest.

Capcom vs. SNK 2
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Guilty Gear XX Slash
    Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection
    Dead or Alive 4 ***
    Virtua Fighter 5 ***

*** big maybes here, the rest though I'm almost sure off.

6. Heta_Akira

Heta_Akira Well-Known Member

Your are so right saying that VF5 can be a maybe.

If I remember well, Sega told the people of EVO to remove all recorded video from the EVOS DVDs. So I am not sure if EVO will include VF5 unless they get the right to have video on the official EVO DVDs.

I really hope SEGA don't blow this one.

Heta Akira

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Well, let's hope that there is some effort to collaborate with Sega so that they can benefit from exposure with a chance to promote upcoming games. I've seen the Evo staff run promotional trailers for upcoming games during intermissions.

8. ironzen

ironzen Well-Known Member

pretty much set-in-stone games for Evo2007:

3S
    MvC2
    CvS2
    ST
    Tekken
    GG

...that leaves 2 more spots.

as much as i hate to say it, there's a better chance of them having DoA4, MeltyBlood, Smash Bros., or some random ass game before VF5 even comes outta one of the coodinator's mouths.

9. Onslaught

Onslaught Well-Known Member

DOA4 has already been confirmed, just not officially. Hopefully VF5 gets announced, but they'll probably save it for last.

10. INCIDENT

INCIDENT Well-Known Member

This is a surprise. Last I heard, DOA4 didn't really have a huge turn out last year. Maybe I'm wrong.

And if they do have T5, it better be DR.

11. Onslaught

It didn't get a huge turn out(64-69), but with sponserships now I'm guessing they think the numbers would improve.

I'm pretty sure it will be Tekken DR and not Tekken 5.

12. INCIDENT

INCIDENT Well-Known Member

Ah, that could explain it.

Makes sense to get the lastest updates of games. Kinda makes me wonder about GG if they're going to use Slash or AC.

13. Onslaught

Tekken DR is supposed to come out by the end of this month in America so yeah.

If AC cant get some sort of console release or American release they'll probably just use slash.

14. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

DOA4 hasn't been confirmed. If it isn't official, it's not confirmed.

15. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

By comparison, how well did VF4 evo do at evo? Larger or smaller turn out than DOA4?

16. Onslaught

The last one was about the same.

17. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Not really EVO2k4 VF had more people than EVO2k6 DoA4.

Not to mention 48 of the 64 that entered DoA4 were vultures, I should know I was there and beat a whole pool of them.

Vultures = not counted.

18. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Man speaks the truth. Had Tekken players and others joining at a shot at cash lol.

19. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

OH SHIT!!!!

SSBM gotten choosen next, check out the site!

This totally fucks up the predictions. Now it's a toss up between DoA4 and VF5 to see who gets the final spot at EVO2k7!!

Not looking good!!!

20. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

wow, smash brothers of all things is in there. guess its better than mario kart but it just lessens the chance of other traditional fighter series. i guess its good to bring more different players in but wow, better late than never i guess.

still got all these with only 4 slots left. somebody isn't going to make it.

t5dr
    cvs2
    ggxx/
    vf5
    doa4

plus super random curveball possibilities

kof 98/XI/2006
    melty blood
    hokuto no ken
    mk armageddon/umk 3
    dbz tenkaichi 2/super
    naruto clash of ninja 2