1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on optimize conditions for PSN Rooms

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by akai, Dec 9, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    We do the best with what we are given...

The PSN rooms desynch issues are one of the most frustrating things in organizing group events. But I'm quite sure if we troubleshoot we can make something work.

How many people have made rooms of just 2 players and disconnect?

Three players and disconnect?

Four players and disconnect?

2. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    As one of the most active people that runs rooms in FS on PSN I can answer this one. The desynch happens in any size room, it is more annoying in larger rooms because of the long wait for your turn, since the DC's make it that much longer. I have easily had high double digit desynchs or DC's as we call them, in small rooms (2-4 people), and arguably triple digit DC's in 7 or 8 man rooms. Not many people are active on FS so i've done lots of small rooms since Tekken dropped and decimated the population.

Sometimes you just get lucky and your room doesn't have many DC's, if you keep playing they will happen though. The only real workaround you can do to avoid them is by using the player match option. For whatever reason Player match runs the best and DC's the least. You can still get DC'd but it's very rare in players. Just ask people to save the replays of their matches in players if you want to go that route.

Rooms are gonna have DC's until SEGA patches their netcode (which we all know will never happen). Players match is the most stable format for games in FS atm, rooms are fun with friends, but again they will DC a lot.