1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Force Tech Guard

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Cozby, May 6, 2014.

1. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Off of certain knockdowns, some characters can go for attacks that double as OTGs and meaties. Therefore these setups "force" the opponent to tech and guard, as any other defensive choice means they eat damage. I think there's alot of these, but here are some worth actually mentioning:

Eileen: [2][3][6][P]
    • [P] > any 14-16f Mid - Eileen can confirm the [P] into a combo with moves like [6][P], [6][P][+][K], and if [3][P] is blocked she still can use cancel options.
    Eileen can also go for [1][P][+][K][P] after some combos, so the 1st punch is for OTG and the 2nd is for the meaty.

Lion: [6][P][P]
    • [6][6][P][+][K][P] - works near walls. 2nd hit can crouch stagger.
    • [P] > [6][P]

Jacky: Combo ending in SSS [P][P]
    • [1][P][+][K][P] - the first punch is for OTG, and second is for the meaty. I think it doesn't work vs. some characters in some situations; but if Jacky shuffles towards the opponent's stomach it usually works.
    Sarah: [6][P][K]
    • [9][K][+][G][K] - particularly good because the second kick can crouch stagger, and on guard is -5. Only works on middleweights and below.
    • [6][K][K] - less rewarding, but works for heavier characters.
    [6][P][+][K][P][K], ST [P][P][K]
    • [6][K][K]

Jean: [P][+][K]
    • [3][3][P][K] - this will work if the opponent's head touches the wall
    • [P] > [3][3][P]/ - this only works on the wall. Pretty nasty. Jean can go for [3][3][P][K] (maximum charge). If the angle is good enough, Jean can even go for [3][3][P][K] charge [P] for a side wall stagger into a [6][K] combo.
    [4][K][P] works somewhat the same, execpt Jean recovers faster. If [4][K][P] hits near the wall, [P] > [3][3][P][K] > [4][K][P] > [4][6][K][+][G] combos. No need for a setup.

Dural: RD [K]+[G]
    • [P] > [1][P][+][K] - ex high unblockable into FTG setup. umm.

It should be noted that an opponent teching in place will rise faster than if they tech roll. There's more frames of vulnerability to meaties. In these cases the opponent is in true nikatu for more than a few frames. This window closes at the same time for both kinds of techs though.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

With Goh, you can follow up with [6][6][K] after certain knock downs ([3][P][P] works for example) to use as a meaty or start an OTG combo: [6][6][K], [K], [K], [3][3_][P][+][K]_[3][2][3][P][+][K]

Cozby likes this.
  3. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Here's a few more.

Jeffry:

[4][K][P] > [6][6][P][P]. Might have to delay the second P. I can't recall if this changes if the [4][K] CH, I think I remember it still working. Pretty sure this also works for Negro Dural too.

Shun:

[1][K][K] > [4][3][P][+][K][P]. Works all the time on everyone.

All of these setups are really good, because the opponent is limited to only one option. Barely any logic/mind games are required to make full use of these.

IcKY99 likes this.
  4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Lei:
    kyo 2kk (side hit) --> hai P+K

5. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Any Wolf moves like this?

6. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Wolf can [4][6][P] into [6][P][P] as a FTG, but its certainly NOT worth doing imo. It's unsafe on guard, and Wolf's other options off of [4][6][P] are good enough.

7. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

You've got me interested on how Eileen can use her overhead [9][P][+][K][+][G][K] from cancel options like [1][P] after combos, Since its a 14 frame mid it should be easy meaty material, but not sure how long I can delay it from [1][P] after a combo. And another good option for her would be [8][P][+][K][+][G][P][P][P] after [1][P], They could tec and get hit with the 1st [P] that staggers (which would also be a meaty kind of like Goh's 3K but harder to time) or if they block you can stop at the 2nd [P] and then you have to make another guess.

Cozby likes this.