1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Funland Toronto

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by fissure, Oct 9, 2001.

1. fissure

fissure Member

Phoned funland today, said VF4 would be in nextweek.

2. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

this is amazing news. i was hoping FL would get it in and not just video amusements or some other harder to get to place. will they just put in in the 3tb cabinet?

oh by the way I am from Mississauga and just starting VF. I'm guessing you are from toronto .. hello and I will probably be going down to FL the weekend after/when they get it in.

3. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Time to re-assemble a TO VFers list

fissure and capercat. I can't say I remember those names... So, I think it's about time that we list out all the TO people on VFDC.

known:
    kbcat (me) - TO
    Llanfair - TO
    GodEater - Georgetown
    Emil - TO

fissure - where are you from? TO, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville?
    capercat - Mississauga

non-VFDCers:
    Clem - TO
    Johnson - TO
    Lan/Hao - TO
    Carlo - TO

who else do we have here?
    kbcat

4. capercat

Re: Time to re-assemble a TO VFers list

i don't count yet. i'm just starting out ...
    its good to see that there are a few toronto players. i had heard that TO had a good VF scene but I haven't seen anyone playing 3tb at FL ... ever, really ...
    oh well. i'll be losing to you all very soon i guess.

5. fissure

fissure Member

I'm actually the person who posted a week or so ago asking if any TO people would find out when vf4 is coming, and said you guys suck, then got flamed. Whatever, I dont care about that now. I also posted a month or so ago about the TO scene and about Sitson and others; I was from Ottawa. I've met Clem and Johnson, yupa, a few others a few times but I doubt they remember me, I played sarah. I live in Toronto right now. I phoned a week before today and the guy said it was coming soon. I think I spoke to the same guy today and I don't fully believe his answer of in a week, but I guess we'll soon find out.

6. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

We've been getting similar answers from Funland. We figure that unless Stan is telling you when VF4 will be in don't believe what they say :p

cheers,
    kbcat

7. fissure

fissure Member

I dont know who I talked to on the phone but he had an accent. Would that be Stan?

8. capercat

hmm. any word on video amusements? a friend of mine figured they would get it in before FL.
    also I had figured that playdium, either mississauga or TO might get it in .. being sega and all ... but i don't understand the intricacies of distribution and such. i recall playdium mississauga having VF3 on a huge raised screen where players sat in a little golf-cart like thing. well, even if playdium gets it it will be 1$ + a game.

9. MIRACLE~!!

MIRACLE~!! Member

Ay

I'm new to the VF scene....but I want to learn. I wonder if they'll get the Versus City format for VF4 around here. My school currenty has Tekken 4 and TTT on Versus City....it would be amazing if they got VF4 as well. The sticks are great on them.

10. capercat

Re: Ay

hey, are you at york? cause i think they got one of orbit arcades VF4 which was in a versus city cabinet. those would be good if they had the 8-way cherry sticks but all the ones i've played on have the 360 sticks which i find very difficult to use for T4.
    from what i've seen on tekken boards there may be a quite a few new toronto VF4 players ...

11. L0w_RyDer

L0w_RyDer Member

So is FL getting vf4 next week for sure? Better not be some cruel trick going on here, I show up and there's the same old dusty tb there... don't toy with my emotions like that guys.

12. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Llanfair was talking with the Sega distributor the other day, and they told him that they've ordered many VF4s. Both Kits, and dedicated machines. They expect to have them in arcades in the next week or two.

cheers,
    kbcat

13. AfroNo4

AfroNo4 New Member

there is an arcade in Commerce gate ( highway7 )
    they have vf 4 :)

14. capercat

highway 7? could you tell me where that is? i would be coming from mississauga, if you can give directions.

15. fissure

fissure Member

Directions! Or at a minimum an address!

*goes off to find commerce gate on canada411*

16. AfroNo4

AfroNo4 New Member

I don't know the address there !!
    If you are coming from Mississauga.
    Go on 401 east ->404North(Donvally pky)
    get off at highway 7 exit , then make a left (you are going west now )
    keep going till you pass lesile St.. make a left at the first street(W beaver creeek Rd), You will see a plaza thats Commerce gate
    there is an arcade there name is Lovegetit (something like that )
    here is the map link hope this helps
    http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py...ent=&mag=8&desc=&cs=7&newmag=9&poititle=&poi=

17. capercat

thanks ...
    hmm hope i can figure out transit ...i can barely make it to pacific mall by bus. oh well.
    hey is there some forum for toronto area players? i.e to set up gatherings and matches? just wondering.

18. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

There will be soon... virtuaproject is coming...

kbcat

19. fissure

fissure Member

Ill be checking out funland on yonge st. tomorrow, if its not there ill be heading to commerce gate.
    How much was it per game? What version was it?

20. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

it's highly unlikely that funland will have VF4. I've been speaking with Sega's canadian distributor, and the kits are not in yet. The kit (in a versus city cab no less) at commerce gate is imported. It's VF4 ver.B. A buck a game. 2 squares.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>