1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzying with the Monkey

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It's a pain looking through the command list sometimes so here you go, moves you should fuzzy after.

All moves are assuming your opponent guarded

normal fuzzy -5
    PP6P
    PPP2KK
    2P
    3P
    6P
    9P
    8P
    6K+G
    4K+G BT you have to crouchdash in direction you're turned to fuzzy
    46K+G
    2K+GK
    K+G BT you have to crouchdash in direction you're turned to fuzzy

crouchdash fuzzy -6
    PP
    1P
    2PP
    6P+K
    3P+K

2. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

good stuff man thanks

3. MrSchpfmut

MrSchpfmut Member

Please forgive my nubness, but what does fuzzy guard accomplish? The glossary makes it sound like more of a defensive ability... Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

4. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Like the glossary says, it lets you duck a throw & guard a mid. Updated the glossary to link to http://youtube.com/watch?v=fMOPScxkQfM

which shows fuzzy.

As for the original list, you know myke updated the command lists so you can filter based on guard, right? Filter: Guard >= -6 should do it.

5. Tricky

it's when you crouch for a few frames then stand up. This done properly allows you to duck throws and still get up in time to block ur opponents fastest mid. Try praticing the timing in dojo. Set the comp to mid or throw dosent matter who ur using .

Very powerful

6. MrSchpfmut

MrSchpfmut Member

Maybe I'll also read more thoroughly next time... "moves you should fuzzy AFTER" should've made enough sense as it is hehe /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Thanks for the info and link!

7. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get the list divided into what's -5 and what's -6?
    It helps to know when you can use 2G fuzzy and when to use 33_G.

8. Tricky

sure I'll get to work on that. I'll post again when I've finished updating

9. SkatanMilla

Thanks =)

10. Tricky

updated to it's former glory YAY for waking up czy early

11. SkatanMilla

If you crouchdash fuzzy into an attack there's a specific timing you can use so that you always punish the throws and always block the attacks even if you press the button to attack.

So I usually do 33 -> G -> 4PPK and if they do an attack I get 33 -> G. The only times it fails is when they use sweeps to beat out your fuzzy or slower attacks than elbows.

12. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

Looks like I learned something new.

13. Tricky

I glad her forums are of use. There is a lot of eileen information out there.

14. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    "If you crouchdash fuzzy into an attack there's a specific timing you can use so that you always punish the throws and always block the attacks even if you press the button to attack.

So I usually do 33 -> G -> 4PPK and if they do an attack I get 33 -> G. The only times it fails is when they use sweeps to beat out your fuzzy or slower attacks than elbows."

im not understanding this correctly..how does this work?
    my interpretation is,
    Example.
    -5 or - 6 disadv, i can CROUCH fuzzy G to duck throw or evade highs.. without even anticipating u have ducked high attk or the throw, i can just attack?? and it will automatically block??? hows this possible... it sounds like if i attack after the crouch fuzzy G and they went highs it will automatically choose the option of attack. IF opponent goes mid or sumthing, it will cancel out my attack, and do the G?? its like an crouch fuzzy G with an attack built in ( attk only comes out when i crush highs )..

i know how a crouch fuzzy G works. im tryin to figure out what he is saying whether, it can do both, G and attk ( Auto picks dependant on what opponent does..)

neways, i doubt this works. neone wanan clarify this for me

15. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Basically you use the block stun to create an option select. If they do a quick mid you block it and if they throw and you fuzzy under it you punish. Possible with all fuzzies I think, but the timing is fixed for CD fuzzy.

16. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense to me.

Throws are 12f and quick mid is 14f. This means that if you do [3][3][G] then, say, [P][K] if you time the [P] press to let's say 1f later than a 14f mid would connect you will be able to block the 14f mid if they choose to do that (as you are only pressing a button after the supposed 14f mid would make contact) and also be able to punish the throw very easily AND should also beat out any highs/mids (that don't tech crouch or sabaki HP) that are over 15f execution.

Sounds good really but thing is it's easy enough to punish throw whiff on reaction anyway. I think the best thing about this technique is that it will beat out any slow highs/mids they may try.

Of course this opens up a new yomi level of beat slow move/get beat by move with evasive properties or sabaki which you don't get from regular crouch fuzzy usage.

17. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    maybe im not explaining it right......
    i know what a crouch fuzzy is. i duck throws and blocks mids. all in 1. Im questioning the part where he says
    attack with 4PPK.. its like eileen goes for an attack, lets her hand out, but brings back her hand and says.. i rather not attak and block, i take it back now since u went for an attack.

18. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Yeah, it's called an option select.

If they throw you'll punish the whiff with an attack.

If they attack your guard animation will cancel your attack string

19. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If they attack then your attack never starts. You just block. If they throw then you've already gone under it and your attack goes ahead.

20. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    option select eh.... ok ill check that out tonight. I wonder how strict the timing is. I got the regular crouch fuzzy GUARD down, now i gotta worry about learning to ATTACK OUT THE CROUCH FUZZY G, since timing is strict.. ( maybe i can get it down to muscle memory )
    neways, some ppl were saying this is not a good strategy.. i think its great. its like having ur regular Crouch fuzzy G with the bonus of an attack. Would like to hear opinions if ppl got ne and different perpectives. I can see a low sweep beating this option..nething else?

HAZZ:
    u mentioned this only works with slow mids.. it should work even on 14FR ones too( as in ill block the mid 14FR ).. neways i didnt even know this strategy "OPTION SELECT " existed.

Since we're on the Topic of crouch fuzzy.
    Can someone tell me the math behind
    a successful EVADE into a crouch fuzzy G to cancel ( i can block mid or duck throw).. VS a failed evade cancelled into a crouch fuzzy G ( will that work too.. if he is very very slow input on the throw ). Neways, its a bit of stepping and Crouch FUzzy G.. i would like to implement failed evade into CROUCH FUZZY G alot more, but i wanna be able to know the math or how it works a bit more.