1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

FV2 finally, a polished version..

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Nov 10, 2000.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Well folks, what makes me happy about this new dreamcast fighter is, that the FV-Series will finally get a good home version. I was a little dissapointed of the saturn version.........if compared with the model 2 version, the difference was enormous.....maybe if it was posible they should have tried to use the VF2-engine(no lightning-effects,no goaround shading,....just the cages..........but probably it was impossible........well this times are over even if FV2 uses an enhanced Model 3(step 2) hardware it should be no problem to make a good translation...........still i wonder if the 'new characters' will be really new(no pepsiman,no fighting balloon-bear...well, probably we will see soon enough......because we are already in November and the P.R-section of sega will be forced to start their ads-campaign....

P.S funny, i still have a japanese magazine which shows the first pictures of VF3 and it also has a report about the work in progress of the saturn version of FV1................history repeats itself............

It will be a pleasure for my favourite tokio to kick the asses of charlie(how can someone fight with a bike,and i thought grace and picky were strange) and ami(very very weird)

brumm,brumm,brumm,......i'm not looking for my sister ...by the way did someone see my beloved honey..........

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

maybe there should be a fighting vipers section on this site. i think it would be something popular to post ideas about, and would sustain itself better (i.e. keep people's interest for longer) than the dead or alive section has done.
    what does everyone think?
    would it be possible?

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

hmm, I don't know yet. I mean, I'm posting FV2 news for the sake of it and the few people on here who is interested. I seriously don't know if the interest will be enough to have a section devoted to it. Just up to those that would want it to say it.

4. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Well, i would agree to that,alltough it's not up to me to dicide that...........I liked FV1 a lot and always saw it as a worthy AM2 game(a different kind of VF...more easy play and action)...........certanly the 'progress' from FV1 to FV2 wasn't(or isn't) as great as VF2 to VF3(maybe, the only big new thing are super-KO's)......still i think it's up to FV2 to convince the people, not an easy task if you look at the game.........it's not the classic fighter like Street fighter or Mortal Kombat........and what seems to prove that, is that in Japan the game is(was) particulary loved in some 'otaku-scenes'(not the tipical massmarketfighter...for the west Last Bronx'2' would be a better choice.....probably we will never see one).................an other thing are the two new characters(for me Mahler doesn't count as new character)they seem to have a lack of charisma they both look very odd espacially emi(v.s Honey,Bahn,Raxel(Axel Rose),and others).......still i hope that we get a good surprise also tecnicaly, because i'm still convinced that Model 3 has more poligon power then naomi(texture-champ)........

P.S I still hope to see one day a worthy FV1-Version.......maybe model 2 emulation..

P.S i read last day in an interview that there are discussions if they should make a second Fighters Megamix-game................

brumm,brumm,brumm,.....i squash chicken's with my car.....

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by nascarbryant on 11/11/00 06:17 PM.</FONT></P>

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I never played the first FV with any greath depth...
    In fact...I got turned off by the character designs...

Then again...When FV2 comes out..I'm gonna buy it immediately...

SummErs' 'FINISHED MA EXAMS FASTER THAN LIGHTING!!!'

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Despite the beyond whacked character designs?/images/icons/tongue.gif

Well, we shall see how FV2 is soon/images/icons/smile.gif