1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameplayers HK Clip (7/16)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

This is a newer clip from Gameplayers HK. The damage looks about right. Jacky vs. Lei Fei followed by Akira vs. Sarah. Direct Feed as far as I can tell.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.engr.orst.edu/~saenguni/vf/clips/VF401.mpeg>VF4 Clip from Gameplayers HK</A>
    Because GameplayersHK seems to have a really slow connection to me, I decided to mirror this clip. The link above is to my webspace. To check out GameplayersHK, go to www.gameplayers.com.hk

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gameplayers.com.hk/videogames/arcade2001/news/20010716/01/content.html>Link to the original article on GPHK</A>

-Chanchai

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

what the...!!??!! is this a clip of the finished version?!!! In version I play (UK, Bayswater, test version) the throw Akira used to finish Sarah is Lei-Fei's! So either That clip is also a test version or that throw is swapped to Akira. No joke, anyone who goes to Bayswater would have seen that and can back me up. Wow. personally I prefer it as Lei-Fei's throw.

Adio.

3. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I know akira's got a new throw in the early test version, i did it accidentally, but i can't figure out how to do it. it happened so quick i didn't get a good look at what it looked like.. sigh

-Jason

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Sega did this with test version of VF3 as well. They swapped throws. Kage's b,d+PG was originally performed by............JACKY!! Pretty cheezy, huh? You would think that they would try to be a LITTLE more accurate when portraying certain characters' martial arts.

[​IMG]

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, just realized that I can now clearly see the "water" that Spotlite was talking about. The horrible effect on the Falling Leaves stage.

It's not water. It's Moldy Jello/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif (does Jello even mold as in rot?)

-Chanchai

6. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Hell, it looks so good that I'm dripping with envy at all those who have played it. The speed is fantastic. This is the best movie i've seen to date! Argh! Gimme VF4! Anata niwa kufuu ga tarinai wa! And Lei-Fei made an error, he ain't supposed to say anata, he's a guy!

<font color=black>Yowai...yowai sugimasu wa!</font color=black>

7. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Give me VF4... now.

Lei-Fei shouldn't say anata should he?
    The speed is quick. I luv it.
    It's so smooth.
    And that Akira throw is one of Hayabusa's reversal!
    A lot of DOAish moves, really.

<font color=black>Yowai...yowai sugimasu wa!</font color=black>

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

So who's throw is it? Akira's or Lei-Fei?
    It doesn't look good on Akira. It's too fluid for him. It looks more "Kung-Fu" IMO it should stay with Lei-Fei.

Adio.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Have seen it. I'm sure it's clip of the test version for it looks kind of rough and not seamless when Jacky finishes Leifei.

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    You guys noticed Kage's shitty water, huh? Look under the cage in the marina stage to see the nice water, Aoi's stage is the same way.

Akira's new throw is definately a side throw. You can see how he side steps a little before the throw. I think they may have switched to Tekken's left-side, right-side throw system, I swear it comes out with just P+G. I've tried countles times to get it out from the front with all kinds of commands, and I can't. Doesn't look like he has any other new throws in the version I've been playing... tried almost everything!

That's CPU Akira, BTW. If this is the final, there might not be a boss, as it still says "final stage" at Akira by the clock (unless the boss is listed as "bonus stage", but final is final, right...?).

I think this version is newer because I've never heard him say that intro.

Notice how Lei Fei gets a kickflip in the face after guarding Jacky's rising attack? That's VF4!

Spotlite

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> Notice how Lei Fei gets a kickflip in the face after guarding Jacky's rising attack? That's VF4!

and vf2! ROCK!

i think this is an earlier version - jacky warps to face up as he lands face down after being sweeped by lei.

12. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> Notice how Lei Fei gets a kickflip in the face after guarding Jacky's rising attack? That's VF4!

actually i just realized this doesn't happen in the video :)

but if it had been, or if vf4 rising attack block stun is anything like vf2's, then that's neat.

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    "actually i just realized this doesn't happen in the video :)"

You're right! What I thought I saw was wrong; Lei Fei hits Jacky with his rising attack, then Jacky k.f.'s him.

If hitting someone with a rising attack or guarding a high rising attack gives any particular advantage, I haven't found it yet.

Still, I feel this version, while it may not be the final, is newer than the one that I've been playing.

Spotlite