1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gauging Interest in Philly Area

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Fallsmyer, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Fallsmyer

Fallsmyer Member

PSN:
    KBMF
    XBL:
    KBMF
    Hey Guys,

Some friends of mine run monthly tourneys in the Philadelphia area. They wanted to get a gauge of how many people would be interested in going if we hosted VF there. This would be either the last weekend of July or first weekend of August. They usually have about a dozen people or so show up for their standard games. It's not a major cash prize tourney but more about keeping the scene alive and having fun playing with others. So would anyone be interested in going if we put in VF?

2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    You mean in:

Center City, 56th and Market, With the L Train,
    West Philly, German Town, 30th street Station,
    Upper Darby, Fairmont Park, The Broad Street Line,
    Chestnut, Walnut, Spruce, Olney, Row houses,
    Rittenhouse Square, Hoagy Vendors, and Hacks,
    Cat sized rats and roaches that drink Raid like cold beer.

That Philly? LOL

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Johoseph isn't this ur turf?

4. Fallsmyer

Fallsmyer Member

PSN:
    KBMF
    XBL:
    KBMF
    Just North of Philadelphia in Glenside, PA.

5. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    You mean Classic Game Junkie is wanting someone to run more monthlies in their place?

6. Fallsmyer

Fallsmyer Member

PSN:
    KBMF
    XBL:
    KBMF
    No we have a monthly tourney and we rotate the 3rd game each month. I was asked to see if there would be any interest if we had VF at one of our future runs.

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

philly crew where you folks at?

8. Fallsmyer

Fallsmyer Member

PSN:
    KBMF
    XBL:
    KBMF
    That's a good question.

9. FightClubHuBBs

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    I've been trying to get the philly crew to come to my gatherings for the pat few years. We don't exist outside of myself, rare entity and joho.

10. FuryofFrog

FuryofFrog Member

PSN:
    FuryofFrog
    I'm totally game for Virtua monthlys. On a slightly related note there is a meet at Classic Game Junkie tomorrow so I hope Philly makes it down. C'mon guys. I'm bringing my PS3 with Virtua at least.

11. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    I'll be in Philly in the fall for school. Dunno if the potential tournament offer is still up at this point, but if the place is reachable by public transit I'd be up for it. I need a reason to spend more time with my main.

12. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    meh, unlikely because there are so few active players here. Joho went poof and i cant really play anymore.

13. Flyingguillotine

Flyingguillotine Well-Known Member

So no VF at Summer Jam 17 (or whatever) , I take it?

14. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez

Probably not due to the fact that people are going to NYG probably

15. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    So VF is officially less popular than AquaPazza, fantastic.

16. Flyingguillotine

Yeah but last year Summer Jam was at the end of August, and NYG is scheduled for August 10 and 11 this year. Unless SJ has been moved up to August 10 this year, I don't see the scheduling conflict.

17. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    well sega cup was a few months ago but do you see VF at evo? didnt think so...

18. Flyingguillotine

OMG you have a bad habit of posting answers to questions when you don't have a clue .

Somebody posted a question about Akira's Guard Break of Doom Technique. And you have to make some smart ass answer "Uhhh lots of practice". (duhh) No shit you need lots of practice. . You play Jacky, badly at that, so stick to posting about what you know about. I posted the question so Hubbs could answer, so how about you go back to posting your 480i streams that nobody watches.

19. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I like how you get all butt hurt over a fact. There is NO VF at evo. Its widely known that i cannot even play VF anymore due to my having cancer so personally I don't see your problem. I never professed to being an amazing jacky player, I cant even play the game anymore so i dont make any claim to fame. However, what does that have to do with Vf being at sega cup or evo? nothing. Way to stay on topic homie =\

20. FightClubHuBBs

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    Summer Jam is Aug17-18. VF is not on the list of side games but feel free to come to the event anyway and maybe hold a side tournament in one of your rooms. I will most certainly come up and hang.